Aruba Beach

Thread: Marriott Surf with kids

Alto Vista, The Natural Pool, The North Coast, Palm Beach

Marriott Surf with kids

Hi everyone! Have not visited here in a long time! Anyway, I am an owner at the Marriott surf and I now have a young child, who I will be bringing to Aruba next July. she will be 17 months old when we go. I know the Marriott has cribs upon request, but what about highchairs? and does anyone know how the cribs are? Any advice on traveling with a young one would be welcomed! This is the first year I have not gone to Aruba, I am sure missing it and looking forward to next year, and for my daughter to love it as much as mommy!

Thanks!

Highchairs and cribs

We've ordered highchairs there several times. You just call MVCI and order a highchair in advance (they tell it's not in a standard inventory but still notate your
    request). It worked perfect for us. A highchair was always in our room (or they would bring it within minutes of our call to the housekeeping).
    The same goes for the crib (a crib is a standard inventory).

Alto Vista, The Natural Pool, The North Coast, Palm Beach
    Thank you!

Babysitting

The Marriott also offers babysitting services. You can check with a concierge on arrival. We never used the service but my friends liked it.

We are heading to Aruba in 2013 as well!! Any suggestions regarding bringing strollers? Side by side for a 3 year old and 8 month old or sit and stand.. little one can sit in front 3 year old in back..suggestions?

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    The crib is nice enough. A bit small, at least compared to the one we have at home. It's white metal-like materal I guess you would say. Our son slept fine in it (he had just turned 1) and hope he will this trip too.

The high chair was just a plastic one you would get a restaurant made by Rubbermaid. We had no trouble getitng either one, actually they were both in our room when we checked in. But we did arrange for them both ahead of time.

I saw a family on the beach with a pack n play that they got at the hotel for their little one, that may be something to consider for a beachside nap. And they also had a blow up pool that they put water in for the little one to play in instead of going to the ocean or big pool. The hotel does have a cute wading pool for kids that my son really liked.

I just tried to stick to his routine, which was hard since we were on vacation, but with kids sometimes that's the nature of the beast!
    good luck and have a blast!! It's a totally different experience with a little one!
    Last edited by ctfirewife; 12-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]