Aruba Beach

Thread: Nanny for hire?

Nanny for hire?

My husband and I are looking to take a trip to Aruba in January. We are interested in hiring a Nanny while we are there. Can you make any recommendations?

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse
    In the past when our children were little we always brought our nanny from home. The kids were much more comfortable with someone they were familiar with. It made it a much more enjoyable vacation. The kids were happy and we did not have the worry of complete strangers watching our kids.

I am using a nanny this year for mainly my youngest son who will be 22 months. I have not met her in person yet, but she has come highly recommended. We will be there in 2 weeks. If you would like I can let you know how she is when we return, and give you her contact info.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Palm Beach, Bugaloe, Radisson Poker Room, Moombas, Poolside
    Hi Katherine

We would be very interested to see how your vacation went with the nanny.. Our 'regular' babysitter in Aruba has a full-time job so is not available during the day..

Thanks in advance..

Have a wonderful trip

Laura

hollilol

I will post a trip report and nanny report when we return!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Palm Beach, Bugaloe, Radisson Poker Room, Moombas, Poolside
    Thanks Katherine

My hubby wants to stay at Amsterdam Manor for our next trip and I've decided I would like to try the Hyatt.. That's where you stay right? We have 2 kids, and just wondering if one room is enough? Do your family squeeze into one room, or 2? If you don't mind me asking...

Also, do you use Camp Hyatt.. Would you recommend it? Is it available all year - or just school holidays?

Thanks very much

Laura

We have 3 kids so we have to get 2 rooms now. Before we had the third we would stay in what was then called the Petite Suite (they have renamed the suites since the renovation). These suites are also only for 4 people, but have a large bedroom and separate living room area. The bedroom is large enough to hold 2 rollaways and has a King sized bed. It is less expensive than getting 2 connecting rooms, but give you the extra space. It makes it easy to put the kids to bed early if necessary and still be able to hang out/watch TV etc.

We are leaving this weekend for what will be our 8th trip to the Hyatt. We love the pool since it has a great kid pool area and the water slide. We also enjoy the service and people who work there. They are all wonderful. We did consider staying in the Low Rise Area at the Divi this year, but decided not to since we did not want to do an all inclusive, and the kids were really going to miss the Hyatt pool.

Next year we have thought we may give the Amsterdam Manor a try since it looks nice, the rooms are updated and is not all inclusive. I do worry that even though the beach may be less crowded and "nicer" than Palm Beach, the pool will be disappointing and there will not be as many kids there. I also think we may miss being able to walk to all of the restaurants we walk to on Palm Beach. I have read many great reviews of this hotel, but not too many from people with children. Maybe the pros of the low rises will outweigh what we view as the positives at the Hyatt. Guess we will have to give it a try to find out for sure!! I am sure a great vacation could be had at either.

BTW we have never used Camp Hyatt since one of our children is always too young. Only for children 4 and older. I know it is available all year round, but I have observed that not many kids seem to use it during the day unless it is a school holiday. I know it is popular in the evening for dinner time. I have only heard positive things about the Camp.

Will post a trip report when we return! Only 5 days to go!!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Maybe the pros of the low rises will outweigh what we view as the positives at the Hyatt.
    When we switched from the high rise area to the low rise, it was like culture shock, but when we weighed the positives vs. negatives decided low rise was best for our family.

Why not spend some time at the Amsterdam Manor. Check out the beach during the day and see how the crowds are there vs. the Hyatt and the pool conditions as well. ~Amy~ stays at the Amsterdam Manor and may have some photos of the pool for you to judge if it would be okay for the kids.

We are going to try and check the low rises out this year for sure - we say this every year and then get in our routine and never make it!! The 8 days go so fast!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in