Aruba Beach

Thread: Nov. 30-Dec 7th family trip!

Nov. 30-Dec 7th family trip!

Hi all~ I am traveling with my hubby and our 6 month old~ she is traveling in my lap...should I bring a car seat for the taxis rides? is there a place to rent them? I am bringing a travel bed for her, and a easy to fold umbrella stroller...anything else I should bring? Also I make homemade baby food, I am pretty sure that I wont be allowed to bring it across customs....is there gerber babyfood to buy there? diapers?

Any suggestions as far as how much warm/cold clothes I should bring for her? Anything I might not think of? This is not only the first international trip with her, but our first major trip!!!

please help!!!

thanks so much in advance!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ling and Sons carries all your baby needs. You can order some stuff on line b4 you go and it can be delivered to your room. Its also a good stop to make on your way to your hotel.
    A few suggestions for babies..lots and lots of sunscreen, an umbrella you can attach to the umbrella stroller, sun hats, blow up baby float, sand toys you can buy at ling and sons, don't know about car seats, I have teens, rooms get cold with a/c, so think about blankets, lots of swimsuits and coverups...if I think of anything else I will post it...cindyo

thank you soo much!

Hi,
    You can rent an car seat throught the car rentals if you are renting a car. Im also having trouble finding a place to rent a stroller and porta crib. Last year I just used the hotel crib but it was awful. I may end up having to bring some things unless someone knows of a place that rents baby gear?

Does Ling & sons carry swim diapers as well? Do you know if they sell umbrella stollers? I just need a cheap one for walks down the hotel strip and I dont want to lug mine along.

I forgot to reply to you Melissa (my name is Melissa too)other questions. I brought my baby at 3 mths old to Aruba and he's now 26 mths old-this will be his 3rd trip to Aruba. I found that I always packed too much for him. Especially at 6mths old-they don't need many clothes at all-as long as your baby girl is not a big spitter! brought my own formula & breast pump and sm.bottle cooler w/the ice packs -that was key for the beach. I do remember seeing plenty of baby food at the grocery stores. I also brought my jogger stroller w/the car seat that attached and it worked out great. I could take it on the beach and park him under the hut and he slept right there. Definitely bring your infant carrier-its great for restaurants too. Bring swimies,diaps, a sunshade tent or extra baby umbrella, a baby hat. I also brought an infant float for the pool. Its alot when they are young-now that he's 2 I dont need any of that stuff! Im on my way the 20th-27th. Have fun!
    Melissa

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    lING AND SONS CARRIES BABY SWIM DIAPERS.

Hello,

Did anyone have any luck finding a full size crib to rent. I need two for my kids in April and not having much luck.

What is Ling and Sons? A store?
    Thanks,
    Michelle

Welcome to the forum.

I looked in the phone book and do not see any suppliers. If your hotel does not supply full size cribs perhaps ask them if they know of a rental supply on the island who is able to provide them.

Ling and Sons is a grocery store.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/grocery%20store.html