Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: November with grandchildren

That's going to be a fun trip! You'll have a blast.

We took our 9 YO grandson in January and he is STILL sad he had to leave.

What a wonderful time you'll have! Many memories to be made for sure. You'll probably also need a vacation to recover from your vacation!

Aruba since 1979
    we are still recovering from when they were here at the end of april.
    the pets are still traumatized.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    What a wonderful time you'll have! Many memories to be made for sure. You'll probably also need a vacation to recover from your vacation!

If I'm there in November you can borrow ours ,we have one at the house..and a travel cot.
    We usually go later October. November. Time ..remind me nearer the time as we are at SanMiguel ,just opposit super foods.
    You would be welcomed to use them.
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Aruba since 1979
    thank you glynis

Quote Originally Posted by glynis View Post
    If I'm there in November you can borrow ours ,we have one at the house..and a travel cot.
    We usually go later October. November. Time ..remind me nearer the time as we are at SanMiguel ,just opposit super foods.
    You would be welcomed to use them.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we are still recovering from when they were here at the end of april.
    the pets are still traumatized.
    I know how you feel. My grandsons could be here for only a couple of hours and when they leave Charlie & I look at each other and at the same time say "I'm exhausted". Off to lay down for a few hours for me. And it's only 4 in the afternoon. LOL. Gage isn't too exhausting anymore as he is older (he will be 7 in 3 months) but Chase the 3 years, 4 month old is really a handful. He has no fear.

Your poor animals. I can understand, especially Bella that is older and doesn't want to be bothered. My cat runs as fast as he can when the kids come (but he isn't a people friendly cat anyway). Chase will say Mollie (our dog) bit me. Well, what was Chase doing to Molllie. Grabbing her around the neck and pulling her tail. What does he expect.

Doesn't Trop have highchairs? They do at La Cabana. What about a crib for Liam? The 1st time that Gage was with us we requested a crib and highchair. DD was worried about the cleanliest of the crib and highchair but they were in tip top shape. I think La Cabana said each was $5.00 a day but they never charged us. The 2nd time with Gage Tina put the mattress on the from in the living room from the sleeper couch. Though costly if you need or forget anything, check out this site www.sweethomearuba.com/baby-equipment-rental-packages.html

Try to get your unit on the 1st floor. So much easier than dealing with elevators, especially with the kids. The 2 bedroom was the 1st unit I stayed at which was at the time La Cabana Villas 11 years ago. Loved it that they had the washer/dryer in the unit. .

Aruba since 1979
    thanks liz

boy, i hope it is that unit liz!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I know how you feel. My grandsons could be here for only a couple of hours and when they leave Charlie & I look at each other and at the same time say "I'm exhausted". Off to lay down for a few hours for me. And it's only 4 in the afternoon. LOL. Gage isn't too exhausting anymore as he is older (he will be 7 in 3 months) but Chase the 3 years, 4 month old is really a handful. He has no fear.

Your poor animals. I can understand, especially Bella that is older and doesn't want to be bothered. My cat runs as fast as he can when the kids come (but he isn't a people friendly cat anyway). Chase will say Mollie (our dog) bit me. Well, what was Chase doing to Molllie. Grabbing her around the neck and pulling her tail. What does he expect.

Doesn't Trop have highchairs? They do at La Cabana. What about a crib for Liam? The 1st time that Gage was with us we requested a crib and highchair. DD was worried about the cleanliest of the crib and highchair but they were in tip top shape. I think La Cabana said each was $5.00 a day but they never charged us. The 2nd time with Gage Tina put the mattress on the from in the living room from the sleeper couch. Though costly if you need or forget anything, check out this site www.sweethomearuba.com/baby-equipment-rental-packages.html

Try to get your unit on the 1st floor. So much easier than dealing with elevators, especially with the kids. The 2 bedroom was the 1st unit I stayed at which was at the time La Cabana Villas 11 years ago. Loved it that they had the washer/dryer in the unit. .

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Andrea, I'm sure that you and Paul will have a blast with your son, his wife, and the grandkids in Aruba. It will probably be the best vacation that the grandkids will ever have! Have you heard anything from Trop. about the price that you paid? I'm pretty sure that you booked through S.W. I've read on some other sights that Trop. has been calling people who booked through getaroom and claiming that the price was an error, and adjusting the room price. I haven't heard anything about this happening to S.W. customers. I hope that your booking is still ok.

Aruba since 1979
    yes the booking is still ok

i have checked numerous times.

fingers crossed that it stay ok, if not we will be up the creek

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Andrea, I'm sure that you and Paul will have a blast with your son, his wife, and the grandkids in Aruba. It will probably be the best vacation that the grandkids will ever have! Have you heard anything from Trop. about the price that you paid? I'm pretty sure that you booked through S.W. I've read on some other sights that Trop. has been calling people who booked through getaroom and claiming that the price was an error, and adjusting the room price. I haven't heard anything about this happening to S.W. customers. I hope that your booking is still ok.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes the booking is still ok

i have checked numerous times.

fingers crossed that it stay ok, if not we will be up the creek

Hopefully, it will be fine. It seems that people are still getting to keep the reservations, just at a slightly higher rate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast