Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: November with grandchildren

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I heard the higher rate was for a renovated unit.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I heard the higher rate was for a renovated unit.
    Several people have written on another site that they were recently contacted by Trop. They state that Trop. recently discovered that the rate that was advertised as $29.00 per night was a mistake. Many people booked at this rate. Trop. is contacting these people and charging them a higher rate, if they want to keep their reservations. This is happening to people who booked through the site, getaroom. I think that there were a few that rented through jet blue also.
    Last edited by hatteras; 05-21-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I like your line of thinking, Walt. Molding young minds to be the consummate margarita makers should be the goal of everyone on this forum. And... they're never too young to start learning how to juice a lime.
    And muddling mint leaves for mojitos, don't want them to grow up being a one trick pony...

You will have a blast Andrea. We took our little man when he was 2.5 for the first time and he loved every second of the trip. Our best investment for him was the full body swim suit that was spf 50- we purchased 2 of them. Be prepared for LONG naps, the heat really took the energy out of my little man and he slept 3 hours daily for his nap, unlike at home.

We booked the $29 a night rate through Southwest. We have not been contacted yet.
    I don't think that the rate was a mistake. When we were on the island in March we stopped at the reservation office and verified our quote. At that time we were offered a guaranteed renovated room for an additional $25 a night, which was still a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Several people have written on another site that they were recently contacted by Trop. They state that Trop. recently discovered that the rate that was advertised as $29.00 per night was a mistake. Many people booked at this rate. Trop. is contacting these people and charging them a higher rate, if they want to keep their reservations. This is happening to people who booked through the site, getaroom. I think that there were a few that rented through jet blue also.
    Last edited by schexc; 05-22-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    We will be going in November also....no kids with us then but the first time my first granddaughter went she was 2 1/2 months old .this will be her 10 years and she just turned 10 May 2nd...second granddaughter is almost 8 and this will be her 8th year.....they both have a blast in Aruba between the beaches and the pools.... Andrea enjoy your time with the kids Diane

Liking all the positive feedback...
    Like some we too booked through SW; called SW and Tropicana. As for the newly rooms the price went up

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We booked the $29 a night rate through Southwest. We have not been contacted yet.
    I don't think that the rate was a mistake. When we were on the island in March we stopped at the reservation office and verified our quote. At that time we were offered a guaranteed renovated room for an additional $25 a night, which was still a bargain.
    Same - booked thru SW & called Trop - confirmed price is good, unless I wanted to upgrade to a renovated room.

Andrea - I'm so excited for you! I do hope that they are coming with in the beginning part of your trip. How awesome to have that time with those you love more than anything in the place you love so much
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    thanks
    i called SWA and TROP again yesterday.
    just to re re re confirm.
    the nice lady at the Trop said, didnt i speak to you 2x last week?
    i am sure they labled my reservation in their system...."the lady that is a giant hemorrhoid!"

jacki the family is coming during the 2nd half of our stay.

their air is bought.
    their car is reserved.
    their accommodations are set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Same - booked thru SW & called Trop - confirmed price is good, unless I wanted to upgrade to a renovated room.

Andrea - I'm so excited for you! I do hope that they are coming with in the beginning part of your trip. How awesome to have that time with those you love more than anything in the place you love so much

Then I hope you relax a ton during the first part to prepare. Where are you going to vacation after they leave? ;-)

Please don't do what I did a few years ago - spent almost my whole first week excited in anticipation of my nieces from Germany & SsIL from CA coming that I kinda blew the week!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast