Aruba Beach

Thread: Ocassional babysitter needed sept 18-oct 2

Ocassional babysitter needed sept 18-oct 2

I'm looking for a flexible part time sitter for my daughter who will be 13 months when we vacation in Aruba this year. Must have references, first aid and CPR.

I did search on this forum and contact a couple listed including Mariza, but they are traveling themselves and unavailable.

Therefore, I need someone that either members have used and recommend or if there is someone on here that is a sitter, please contact me via priv MSG or email. Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    mariza is the only one that i can say is very well qualified and reliable/dependable.
    too bad she will not be on island as she really is wonderful.

I have been in contact with the owner, Jasmin Martis, of a new company called TBC Aruba (the Babysitters Club) and she seems very nice. She supplies on call babysitters at your resort/hotel or wherever for an hourly rate and min of 4 hours.
    I had to clear this with Casa Del Mar (since they have their own list of sitters they recommend) and assure them that the sitter I was choosing was bonded, insured and had first aid/CPR. They told me it was fine "they suppose" but I would have to supply the sitter's name and information so they could clear her and giver her a pass to the resort. That's fine by me.
    I am wondering, has anyone used TBC? Does anyone know Jasmin?
    I also got the name and number of another sitter, Mariza, who I'd hoped to use but she is away from Aruba for the first week of our trip. I may use her on her return but I don't like to introduce a lot of new faces to Maya so if we get someone great right away, we will stick with her.

Aruba since 1979
    ok it is 7 am and my blood is boiling.
    casa del mar said they "suppose?"
    you can hire whom you want to take care of your child and as long as that person is not on some kind of "keep out" list, then casa del mar has NO say as to whom you hire.

why does cdm even have to know your business?

Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    I have been in contact with the owner, Jasmin Martis, of a new company called TBC Aruba (the Babysitters Club) and she seems very nice. She supplies on call babysitters at your resort/hotel or wherever for an hourly rate and min of 4 hours.
    I had to clear this with Casa Del Mar (since they have their own list of sitters they recommend) and assure them that the sitter I was choosing was bonded, insured and had first aid/CPR. They told me it was fine "they suppose" but I would have to supply the sitter's name and information so they could clear her and giver her a pass to the resort. That's fine by me.
    I am wondering, has anyone used TBC? Does anyone know Jasmin?
    I also got the name and number of another sitter, Mariza, who I'd hoped to use but she is away from Aruba for the first week of our trip. I may use her on her return but I don't like to introduce a lot of new faces to Maya so if we get someone great right away, we will stick with her.

I will forward you the email after lunch, Andrea. When Jasmin emailed me to tell me that I needed to clear it with my hotel. I thought that was odd. I told her that I didn't think it was necessary as I should be able to choose whomever I wish to care for my baby. Well she said that some hotels and resorts have not allowed her to babysit at their facilities as they "have their own list of sitters contracted that they want renters to use.". To humor her, I sent Casa Del Mar the email and got the response I mentioned. So Jasmin was right and I really do think it's strange but at least I am allowed to use who I want. I wonder about the resorts who turned her staff away? Does that mean parents are "forced" in a way to use their babysitters? What if I had family members or friends who lived in Aruba or were staying in Aruba while I was and wanted to babysit my child, would that be allowed?
    I am going to ask Jasmin for more details.

By the way Andrea, Casa Del Mar has cribs and strollers for rent. If you have time (do not go out of your way) can you see what kind they are for me? I am wondering if it's an actual crib, pack and play or bassinet. Also, is the stroller a full stroller or small umbrella stroller and does it have a good size canopy for the sun.
    I am bringing some blow up toys and am not sure if they have a pump there to blow stuff up. I heard that ABC does but am not sure how far that is and if I want to lug blow up pools, tubes and toys back and forth.
    Hope you are having an amazing time!

My husband and I went through www.arubababysitting.com, and have used Anouk to watch our son for the past 3 trips. She is great.