Aruba Beach

Thread: Plenty to do for 13 year olds?

Plenty to do for 13 year olds?

Not counting the beach as they have beach available every day. They're both athletes and like lots of activity. TIA, Linda

Arrow To mention just a few things

Snorkeling from shore
    Horseback riding to the Natural Pool- can snorkel there as well with the right tour
    Climb Haystack/Hooiberg At 500+ steps will keep them occupied for a few hours
    Exploring the caves
    Climbing the rock formations
    Exploring the Bushiribana gold mill ruins
    Ostrich Farm
    Donkey Sanctuary
    Jolly Pirates My review below
    "Monday morning we, along with our new found friends and their two daughters [3 girls total, just a bit younger, but definitely the kind of experience for any teen] set off for our "Sail, Snorkel and Swim" with Jolly Pirates. It was a nice day and the kids especially had fun. Most of our boat was filled with a family attending a wedding in Aruba and they were lively of spirit but not rowdy or drunken. We did the normal snorkel stops of Arashi and Malmok. Unfortunately there was a great deal of moss like seaweed, part of nature, but just kind of creeped me out swimming amongst green blobs.

There was less seaweed while we snorkeled the Antilla wreck but of course for anyone who has never been, there was a current, winds and waves. Dd wanted to see it, and I wanted her to see it so I went off with her holding hands to see the top of the wreck. Visibility in my mind is never terrific in Aruba and this day was no different. Dd was able to see the outline of one of the cargo holds and the mast from somewhere in the depths to where it sticks out of the water. That was about it. We were out of there. Dh and I have dived the Antilla over 20 times and still have to say that it is a much much more worthy dive than a snorkel. For starters, when you dive the wreck, you are able to see not only more fish but the abundant sponges which have grown all over the wreck.

After the Antilla it was back to the coastline along Malmok where we dropped anchor and lunch plates were handed out. Food included: a chicken skewer and a couple of ribs, a roll, pasta salad, Cole slaw and watermelon. Following lunch it was time for the infamous rope swing! Dh took her turn about 4 times and our friend took a couple of turns as well. Before we knew it was time to sail back to Palm Beach. En-route, one of the "mates" Javier led the revelers in some dancing. Everyone had a blast.
    Things to do while visiting Aruba.
    Looking for top ten
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 07-08-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Then enjoy athletic activities on the beach. Might even get a GIRL to participate? Days go by so fast on vacation.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Where are you staying?

Aruba since 1979
    when my son was 13and on aruba for vacations he was NEVER bored and there were not enough hours in the day to accomplish things he wanted to do.
    he took a resort scuba course once, loved it and 3 months later took the full PADI course on aruba.

Thanks for the responses. We stay at Costa Linda and this will be the first time to bring a couple of boys with us hence the questions. Since then I have added: wind surfing, kite boarding, parasailing, kayaking and now the responses you all have given. I'm sure we'll have a great time!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda VH View Post
    Thanks for the responses. We stay at Costa Linda and this will be the first time to bring a couple of boys with us hence the questions. Since then I have added: wind surfing, kite boarding, parasailing, kayaking and now the responses you all have given. I'm sure we'll have a great time!
    No doubt in my mind you will!!! You have good things lined up. I can't imagine them getting bored!!

Among my dd, nieces and nephew, throwing in db's gf's two kids, Aruba is their #1 favorite! They rate it better than Disney, Universal, or a cruise.

Go and enjoy. I am sure they can find a pickup game of volleyball on the beach as well.