Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By brady bear
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: Pool/Beach Safety

Aruba since 1979

Pool/Beach Safety

Do any of you have particular safety hints for keeping your loved ones safe around water (Aruba or home?)

First rule of Aruba pool safety: ensure the margarita is in a float-able cup.

I saw a device you can put on kiddies... so if one child becomes missing or falls in water an alarm you will be alerted.
    Think web site is call safe wise ... but if you google device to alerts you in child falls into pool; also has a gps on it too if they wander away. Looks like a watch
    Before doing dementia nursing I did pediatrics... mainly near drowning kids that were now in a vegi state .
    Loved it a lot; however they closed the unit do to budget cuts.
    Last edited by brady bear; 06-30-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Aruba since 1979

2 grandmas had pools and we've taken the kids to various beaches since they were small.

No product can take the place of my most important rule when I had the kids around water: vigilant adult eyes. When our kids were young, we were very very communicative about who was the "eyes" each day. We never assumed the other adult or grandma was watching.

Also, when we had the kids with us around water, at least one of us did not drink alcohol. We're not the kind of people that get stupid drunk every time we drink, but we all know just one or two adult beverages can impair judgement, quickness, movement. I like my fruity drinks, but obviously the kids are priorty.

Brightly colored swim shirts are a must for me. Although it's not my thing, I'm a bit happy to see the neon colors come back. The kids can wear "cool" shirts and I can see them!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ