Aruba Beach

Thread: Questions about carseats and strollers

Questions about carseats and strollers

I am so glad that I found this board!

My family will be traveling to Aruba this fall and my son will be 2.5 years old. We are not planning to use his carseat on the airplane, but I am wondering if we will need it for our 4 mile trip to the hotel. Are there any taxi companies that will pick you up with a careat? We dont plan to travel via car once we are there, so my question is just about traveling to and from the airport.

Also, and I know this is a long shot, do you think that any of the hotels might rent strollers? We are really hoping to pack light and are trying to avoid bringing ours, but with small little legs our son might need a rest here and there. We do plan to bring a backpack, but a stroller would be helpful too.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Aruba since 1979
    if the carseat fits on the plane seat, use it.
    if it does not fit right, it will be tagged and sent underneath plane.
    your child may be more comfortable in his own seat!

some taxi co. have car seats.
    some rental car co. have car seats at an additional cost.

contact TAXIDRIVER on this site
    OR
    Cyril Croes on this site

they are both taxi drivers bully and cerry

they can probably answer questions re: car seats in the taxi.

a lightweight umbrella stroller might be the ticket!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimer View Post
    I am so glad that I found this board!

My family will be traveling to Aruba this fall and my son will be 2.5 years old. We are not planning to use his carseat on the airplane, but I am wondering if we will need it for our 4 mile trip to the hotel. Are there any taxi companies that will pick you up with a careat? We dont plan to travel via car once we are there, so my question is just about traveling to and from the airport.

Also, and I know this is a long shot, do you think that any of the hotels might rent strollers? We are really hoping to pack light and are trying to avoid bringing ours, but with small little legs our son might need a rest here and there. We do plan to bring a backpack, but a stroller would be helpful too.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm curious too - I would rather not pack all of that stuff. Is there anywhere to buy a stroller (or any baby/toddler gear for that matter) down there then just leave it (or donate it or something)?

You cant get strollers at hotels. Your best bet would be to buy one at pricemart. As for taxis and carseats, most of them dont have them. If you want your child to be in a carseat then rent a car. Also why not use his carseat on the plane?? Might as well since you paid for his seat. It will keep him confined. I always did that with my daughter. Then she didnt feel the need to get up and walk around and cause trouble. LOL!

Firsttimer, I just returned from Aruba with my son who is the same age as your little one. We used Bully as our driver and he always had a car seat with him...what a wonderful gentleman! His email address is bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. He's truly wonderful to work with...he was waiting for us at the airport on our arrival and we used his services several times for restaurant trips, as well as for our departure.

One day he was going to be a few minutes late and called another taxi driver's cell phone so that that driver could find me and advise me that Bully was on his way. Really outstanding service!

As for the stroller issue, we took a very small, collapsable stroller and checked it at the gate. It was invaluable during our trip...used it to walk around Palm Beach at night and my son napped in it on the beach during the day.

Enjoy your trip!

Wendy