Aruba Beach

Thread: Roped off swimming for little ones - life jackets?

Roped off swimming for little ones - life jackets?

I understand there may be some roped off swimming by the Tamjirin (sp?) and wondered if people still put life jackets on little ones in the roped off areas? Really anywhere that has roped off swimming, do people put full on life jackets on them.

We have almost 3-year olds, thus the question. We do plan to bring the swim vests for the pool.

Thanks

I have a question, do you swimming pools at resorts, adult or kiddy have life guards on duty? How about the beach? Thanks.

I have seen a few small children with swimies on in the pool. As far as the roped off areas at the beaches, I always see a parent with the child which is the safest thing. . . .

Tom and Stanley

Aruba since 1979
    no lifeguards

and the roped off sections are pretty far out and my understand is that buoyed/roped section is for boats and jet skis and all watercraft to keep out of swim area.

Quote Originally Posted by happythoughts4future View Post
    I understand there may be some roped off swimming by the Tamjirin (sp?) and wondered if people still put life jackets on little ones in the roped off areas?
    No roped swimming areas at the Tamarijn as of December. Has not been since at least 2007 that I am aware. Just open ocean. Click on thumbnails below to enlarge.

There are resorts on Eagle Beach and Palm Beach which have roped swimming areas. The ropes keep out the watersports power boats.
    Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    I have a question, do you swimming pools at resorts, adult or kiddy have life guards on duty? How about the beach? Thanks.
    There are no lifeguards at any of the resorts on the island at either the pools or the beaches.

Ok so trying to decide if we should bring life jackets for splashing a bit in the water, not far out at all. Or for a stroll down the beach? Thanks! Also what about baby beach do people put life jackets on their little ones there too?

Aruba since 1979
    some folks put on life jackets/pfd, but most do not at baby beach. baby beach is pretty shallow......ankle deep to knee deep for quite a way out.

Quote Originally Posted by happythoughts4future View Post
    Ok so trying to decide if we should bring life jackets for splashing a bit in the water, not far out at all. Or for a stroll down the beach? Thanks! Also what about baby beach do people put life jackets on their little ones there too?

Okay thank you for that feedback!