Aruba Beach

Thread: Sick toddler? where to take him?

Doctors in aruba? pharmacy's? sick toddler

So we leave tomorrow for aruba. My 2 year old is now sick. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a sinus infection or an ear infection.

But in case it does... what are our options? Can his pediatrician call in a script down there or does he need to be seen by a doctor down there?

where and what is the best- quickest option?

mac

hostital

The hostipal is just up the road from the Alhambra and has a good er

Most if not all resorts have doctors on call.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/hospital.html

I would speak with my doctor at home and bring along antibiotics just in case. If your child has a history of sinus infections then you are pretty well versed on the symptoms and for one trip you can make the decision as to the need of giving your child the medications with some consultation beforehand with your doctor.

We generally try and travel with antibiotics in case! My oldest son had a history of strep throat and I would diagnose him before the doctor. It was a joke as I would say he has strep, doctor would say it still looks like it may be viral and I would insist that he swab him. IT ALWAYS CAME BACK POSITIVE! We don't take medication frivolously but it saves a lot of hassles to travel prepared. We have only had to use our medication once in all the years of traveling to Aruba.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "I would speak with my doctor at home and bring along antibiotics just in case."
    ----- Ditto. See if you can start it now.
    >>> "Can his pediatrician call in a script down there"
    ----- NO!
    >>> "or does he need to be seen by a doctor down there?"
    ----- Yes!
    >>> "The hostipal is just up the road from the Alhambra"
    ----- Meaning very near Eagle Beach. Have used it a few times over the last 20 plus years. Even had our resort security drive wife and son there at 4:30 one morning. Son needed a precription so security came back to hospital and drove them to the all night drug store. In Aruba there is always one drug store open at all times. They take turns.
    My wife, grandson, and son have used the Emergency Room at the hospital with all good results. They take Credit Cards. Get good receipts with what was wrong and $$ amount and your Medical Plan in the States should/may cover it. Even get precription info and $$ amount.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 10-13-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    bring the prescription from home if you can.
    in aruba, a written script from a u.s. physician is useless.

so either bring the medicine with you or be prepared to use the house physician your resort connects you to, or to go the the e.r. at the hospital.

and........can you child fly with an ear infection (PAIN?)

Quote Originally Posted by aliwnec10 View Post
    So we leave tomorrow for aruba. My 2 year old is now sick. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a sinus infection or an ear infection.

But in case it does... what are our options? Can his pediatrician call in a script down there or does he need to be seen by a doctor down there?

where and what is the best- quickest option?

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse
    I would call or go to see your doctor today get a prescription and have it filled before you leave. If the child does have an ear infection the air pressure changes on the plane when taking of and landing will be extremely Good luck!