Aruba Beach

Thread: Swim Diapers and Baby Formula at Supermarket

Swim Diapers and Baby Formula at Supermarket

Going to Aruba next week with my 18 months toddler. Staying at the Aruba Marriott Resort and Stellaris. Does anyone know if she can get into the pool with swim diapers? Another question: Will I be able to find Enfagrow Toddler formula in the supermarket (Lings)? Does anyone know how much is for a can of formula? Thank you so much.

Next week!! So exciting!!

I would suggest bringing the formula along with you just in case. THIS link shows Ling's baby items, but again, for something so specific & easy to pack, I would just pack it in a zip top bag.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Our neighbor just came back from a business trip here in the US and he mentioned that the swimming pool at the hotel he was staying had to be completely drained because of a similar incident.

There is an older discussion on this board, hope it's somehow helpful:

Infants with diapers NOT allowed in pool at Costa Linda

Because, if the swim diaper fails then they must close the pool, drain it, clean it and reopen which can take a week. Today at the pool I saw a Father wade in with his child - this is the second time I've seen the same man stopped by security and told he can't be in there. I'm sure he thinks it's a silly rule but..... just imagine not being able to use the pool at your resort/hotel because of this.

Aruba since 1979
    the forum member/original poster is asking about the Marriott properties, not the Costa Linda

and here is one of my comments from the thread that you quoted

federal law in USA
    (not verbatim and i am a current certified pool operator)

liquid stool and vomit.....close pool, super chlorinate (or whatever disinfection process is used) clean the mess run the pool at high disinfection level for 20 hrs kill off the chlorine with sodium thiosulfate ,add new chlorine or disinfecting agent and bring to safe and appropriate balanced levels.
    for all intents and purpose pool can be safely opened after 20hr of following the directions.

solid stool..... close pool scoop it out, make sure chlorine levels are at high level for 2 hr, and then kill off chlorine, rebalance pool and can be opened after an hr.

so getting back to topic, do the Marriott properties allow swim diapers in their pools? The Renaissance does allow it at their Ocean Suites.

here is the already established thread about costa linda and swim diapers and some "poop talk"
    click below for thread

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Our neighbor just came back from a business trip here in the US and he mentioned that the swimming pool at the hotel he was staying had to be completely drained because of a similar incident.

There is an older discussion on this board, hope it's somehow helpful:

Because, if the swim diaper fails then they must close the pool, drain it, clean it and reopen which can take a week. Today at the pool I saw a Father wade in with his child - this is the second time I've seen the same man stopped by security and told he can't be in there. I'm sure he thinks it's a silly rule but..... just imagine not being able to use the pool at your resort/hotel because of this.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so getting back to topic, do the Marriott properties allow swim diapers in their pools? The Renaissance does allow it at their Ocean Suites.
    I don't know the answer. I'm surprised that some resorts allow swim diapers. I thought the rules and regulations in all hotels and resorts would be the same.