Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: TAM in April

TAM in April

Hi all,
    New to this board. Been to Aruba twice (honeymoon and 1 yr. anniversary) both times at Hyatt(which I LOVED!). 14 years and 2 kids later, needed to watch the $$ a bit. We booked Tam April 2014. Figured the AI would be good with the kids (8&12). I know it was a great thing when we did it in Jamaica. For anyone who knows Jamaica (Beaches), I'm equating the Tam/Divi to Sandy Bay/Negril. Am I correct in assuming this is a similar thing?

When I look at the property map(all of DIVI), it shows a lot of pools, but how many can we use?Just Tam/Divi, or the village too? Are there organized entertainment/activities during the day (my son is not a kids club type of kid, my daughter will probably ask to go everyday!)
    Any other family friendly tips/advice would be great, as its been so long since I've been and this hotel is new to me.
    Thanks!

Tamarijn/Divi are 3 star resorts.

"3 Freshwater pools"
    There are two pools at the Divi and 1 at the Tamarijn for use of guests.

We have stayed at the Tamarijn five times. I have 100's of photos of the resort at http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl/tamarijn/tam.htm

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot comment on sandy bay/negril as i have never been to that resort.

the tamarijn is very laid back and comfortable.
    i am sure that your children and you will enjoy your stay.

the tamarijn has 1 pool and the surrounding timeshares, the divi dutch village, which share the same campus as the tamarijn have i think, 3 pools. if you are staying in the regular tamarijn hotel, you are entitled to use the tamarijn and divi all inclusive pools, but not the divi dutch pools. if you are staying at the divi dutch (an option for those making reservations if you want more space) then yes, you can use all of the pools. NOT the pools across the street at divi village or divi golf village.

clear as mud right?

hopefully arubalisa can elaborate more completely.
    she has been to the tamarijan a few times over the last 2 yrs.

we have not been to the tamarijn since april 2004.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by susan1r View Post
    Hi all,
    New to this board. Been to Aruba twice (honeymoon and 1 yr. anniversary) both times at Hyatt(which I LOVED!). 14 years and 2 kids later, needed to watch the $$ a bit. We booked Tam April 2014. Figured the AI would be good with the kids (8&12). I know it was a great thing when we did it in Jamaica. For anyone who knows Jamaica (Beaches), I'm equating the Tam/Divi to Sandy Bay/Negril. Am I correct in assuming this is a similar thing?

When I look at the property map(all of DIVI), it shows a lot of pools, but how many can we use?Just Tam/Divi, or the village too? Are there organized entertainment/activities during the day (my son is not a kids club type of kid, my daughter will probably ask to go everyday!)
    Any other family friendly tips/advice would be great, as its been so long since I've been and this hotel is new to me.
    Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    ahhh she replied!

Thank you ladies. Arubalisa, I am sure I will be using your website as a guide as I prepare for this trip.