Aruba Beach

Thread: Tamarijn Family Package Kids Free up to Age 11

Exclamation Tamarijn Family Package Kids Free up to Age 11

"December 17, 2011 through December 21, 2012

Kids Stay, Play and Eat FREE ALL INCLUSIVE year round up to age 11

(Up to two kids in room with two paying adults)

Kids ages 12 to 17 at time of travel - $75.00 per child per night

18 years and older adult rate

Please note all children under the age of 18 years must have valid passports to travel to Aruba. Child ages will be verified upon check-in at hotel."

This is a change from the previous policy of children up to age 17 staying free.

I am imagining it is the same for the Divi as well?
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    I am imagining it is the same for the Divi as well?
    Yes, the wording is exactly the same for the Divi
    http://diviaruba.com/packages/family/index.php

Aruba since 1979
    is this a new policy?
    did it "used to be" kids 17 and under eat and stay free, 2 kids per 2 paying adults per room?

The last 2 years at the Divi we have taken advantage of kids 17 and under stay and eat free - 2 kids could stay per 1 paying adult in a room. We have 3 kids so we would be book as 1 adult with 1 kid and 1 adult with 2 kids.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Lisa
    Do you know if it is $75.00 flat or plus tax? If tax - what is the tax rate on that?
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Lisa
    Do you know if it is $75.00 flat or plus tax? If tax - what is the tax rate on that?
    I do not know for sure. Their website states that prices include all taxes.

"Reservation Terms* Rates are all inclusive (including all meals, beverages, taxes and service charges).

I priced out two adts and two chld (ages 13 & 15) on their site for January and it was a flat $75 per child

My daughter turns 12 in January - so I guess if we go next year there will be an additional charge now. We usually go for 8 nights - would like to stay 9 or 10 next year. We will have to shop a few options and see if is still worth staying all inclusive. Seems like it still will be - our other two children will still be no charge.
    Renting a timeshare appeals to me because it seems economical - however we want more than 7 nights but cannot stay a full 2 weeks. Is it easy to add on nights at any of the timeshare resorts? We do not want to return to palm beach - definitely learned to appreciate the better beaches in the low rise area. We thought that Costa Linda looked nice - and have read mostly positive reviews. Anyone have experience at CL?

Also looking at Manchebo Beach Resort - great reviews - although it looks like mostly an adult place? Anyone know if this is true, and know approximate rates at this hotel? The online reservations at their site does not produce any results.

Any opinions are appreciated - I know we have plenty of time before we return - but planning our Aruba trips is one of my favorite hobbies!!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Aruba since 1979
    some of the timeshares have extra nights available directly thru their booking office.

some, lacabana for example, has owners that own units/points. x points = x days. so if one has the points, one can use those points for a unit.

i have points and have rented those out for 10 days at a time at lacabana.

re: tamarijn I think $75 per day per over 11 yr old is pretty steep.

My daughter turns 12 in January - so I guess if we go next year there will be an additional charge now. We usually go for 8 nights - would like to stay 9 or 10 next year. We will have to shop a few options and see if is still worth staying all inclusive. Seems like it still will be - our other two children will still be no charge.
    Renting a timeshare appeals to me because it seems economical - however we want more than 7 nights but cannot stay a full 2 weeks. Is it easy to add on nights at any of the timeshare resorts? We do not want to return to palm beach - definitely learned to appreciate the better beaches in the low rise area. We thought that Costa Linda looked nice - and have read mostly positive reviews. Anyone have experience at CL?

Also looking at Manchebo Beach Resort - great reviews - although it looks like mostly an adult place? Anyone know if this is true, and know approximate rates at this hotel? The online reservations at their site does not produce any results.

Any opinions are appreciated - I know we have plenty of time before we return - but planning our Aruba trips is one of my favorite hobbies!!!

The Holiday Inn is now offering a package where Children 17 and under eat free up to 2 per room

It is a "meal plan" which includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.