Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamarijn Sport and Beach Items

Tamarijn Sport and Beach Items

Hello! We will be staying at the Tamarijn later this month and were wondering what type of beach/water items are available to check out. It seems they have snorkel gear and floats, but I have not seen mention of wind surfers, sunfish sailboats, kayaks or beach toys for children. Many hotels allow guests access to beach items like toys, umbrellas and floats that previous guests purchased and donated instead of lugging them home. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

Our family stayed at the Tamarijn for the first time at Christmas and loved it. My very long review is here under My Aruba Story section.

Of what you mentioned there are specifically: snorkel gear, floats (noodles as well), windsurfers, one Sunfish sailboat and kayaks. There are also men's and women's bicycle, as well as kid's bikes.

I do not know about "donated" items, but I do know that Aruba is too windy for umbrellas on the beach. The resort provides shade palapas which are embedded in the sand with a concrete base below.

From their website:
    "3,000 square-foot Divi Winds Sports Center
    Open daily: 7 AM to 9 PM
    30-ft outdoor rock climbing wall with 4 belay stations

Air-conditioned fitness center with equipment including:
    Treadmills, steppers, stationary bicycles, elliptical machines
    Free weights
    Strength systems

Non-motorized watersports
    Snorkeling equipment and snorkeling clinic
    Kayaks
    Floats
    Beginners windsurfing equipment and "Learn to Windsurf" beach clinic
    Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes)
    Tennis court times and equipment "

Our family used the snorkel gear which was in pretty good shape, my brother and 3 of our kids used the bicycles a couple of times. The resort's activities staff offers a bicycle excursion to a fine snorkel spot on the northwestern coast. About 5 miles each way. My brother also took out the Sunfish a few times and said it was in good shape. It seems like as long as it was not too windy, the boat was in use all of the time. My dd tried the rockclimbing wall, but was not too good at it. But it IS there for those who want the challenge.

Our family also made use of the billiard tables (free of charge) and the game room (pay to use the games).

I have a list of their daily activities here. You will see many of the times of activities and types offerings there. Kids Club offerings are here.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Thank you for your all the detailed info! I had seen their web site, but since what some hotels claim to provide is not always actually available, I especially appreciate you sharing your personal experience. It sounds like you and your family had a great time. Your review was fantastic! We also have a family reunion (first time to aruba)with 2 women in their 70's, 4 parents and 4 kids ranging from 4 to 12. Thanks also for the activity links!!

The entire family enjoyed the trip even my 94 year old grandmother! Truly a great place for families.

Here is a shot of a Sunfish coming in, someone trying to master a windsurfer and lots of floats! By far, one of my favorite activities in Aruba!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ahhhhh !

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Ahhhhh !
    <<sigh>> Yellow had ALWAYS been my favorite color, but I am beginning to wonder if it were not really blue all along.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    BLUE...as in the water, sky, blue martini's

Always love the pics you post Lisa............thank you, needed a little taste of "home" this evening
    Michelle & Mike

Thanks Lisa, I needed that. Two days and I'll be in those pictures.

I know the sports/activity center opens at 7:00 AM. Do you know if the fitness room opens at the same time? All these years all we've done is our extensive beach walking. I'm now in an exercise routine but am a very early riser.

Thanks

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    I know the sports/activity center opens at 7:00 AM. Do you know if the fitness room opens at the same time? All these years all we've done is our extensive beach walking. I'm now in an exercise routine but am a very early riser. Thanks Joe
    Yes, Joe, the fitness room is open 7 a.m. to 7 pm. Have a terrific vacation! Warm thought for the day...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast