Aruba Beach

Thread: Things to do with a 4 & 5 year old

Things to do with a 4 & 5 year old

Hello. We're taking the kids to Aruba for their first trip in April. We'll be staying by Palm Beach. Aside from the pool & beach, any ideas? We're going to definitely take a trip to the Butterfly Farm. Does anybody know if they do 'child-friendly' horseback riding trips? My husband & I went on a horseback riding tour a couple years ago, but it definitely seemed more geared towards adults.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Any Aruba beach...
    Info on kids activities
    Donkey Sanctuary is NOT to be missed.
    The Ostrich Farm is another option as well.
    BUT the Donkey Sanctuary is a MUST visit.

From my review:
    Aruba Donkey Sanctuary
    This was another fun diversion from the beach for a few hours. The day we were there it was hot and surely dry and dusty, but seeing all those happy donkeys devouring the apples and carrots we had brought for them was priceless. Even more special was being able to meet the two sweet babies Mirna born in February and Roulette born in January.

A lesson we learned was that upon entry, you will be swarmed by the donkeys if they know you have the food. Hold the food above your head and walk through and up to the building where the store and refreshments are. It has a nice patio which is fenced in. There you can slice up the apples, behind the protection of a railing and feed the donkeys one by one.

The sanctuary is run entirely by volunteers and all of the donkeys are fed with hay purchased solely through donations. There is no admission but donations are appreciated and this organization is surely a worthwhile cause. Their next goal is raising $300,000 in order to build a fence around their future location in Bringamosa. I have already added the T-Shirt Hay Donation to my Christmas list"

Our daughter feeding a donkey a piece of apple.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-24-2010 at 01:41 PM.

There is a big playground in the new Palm Beach Plaza mall.

molmok eagle beach
    new mall also has laser tag and bowling i believe.

Take some bread down the beach wade in a little way and let them feed the fish . The fish are small and will swim all around their legs. My son thought it was great.

mostly the beach
    we just got back from Aruba and across the street at the mall there is a new bumper boat area. My son who is 5 had a blast on the bumoer boats. They putlife jackets on them and off they go. We saw mostly young children using the boats. there is a nice water show in that area as well!