Aruba Beach

Thread: Traveling with an infant

Traveling with an infant

My husband and I will be traveling with our baby who will be 8 months at the time. We traveled to Aruba 2 years ago and stayed at the Hyatt but we are now looking to go non all inclusive.

We are trying to decide between the Marriott Stellaris and the Hyatt. From what I see the pros of the Marriott are full balconies, bigger rooms and a refrigerator in all rooms. The con is that it is further away from the shops and restaurants. I think the pros of the Hyatt are that it is close to the shops and restaurants and has beautiful grounds. The rooms are smaller with small balconies and a refrigerator is not guaranteed upon request.

Is there anything that I am missing and can you help me to decide which would be a better choice for us. What have your experiences been with a getting a refrigerator at the Hyatt? We plan on walking to restaurants and shops so that is kind of important is it a really a hassle from the Marriott? Which overall do you feel is the best resort to stay at with a baby?

One more questions, is it possible to buy organic milk in Aruba. If so where can I find it?

Welcome to the forum.

For a full balcony
    and close proximity to shops and restaurants have you considered the Radisson?

The Radisson has grounds as beautiful as the Hyatt and two free form zero entry swimming pools perfect for babies.

The pool area at the Radisson is a bit more expansive than the Hyatt's with more room to spread out. For baby's naps you can also for $35/day rent a cabana. It will not only provide shade and flaps for privacy, but
    unlimited towels as well as an ice chest with 6 bottles of Evian water.

I believe a king room with a crib at the Radisson would be suitable size wise. We stay two adults and one teen in a room and have no issues with room.

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    I would very much consider the Radisson. I do believe the pool and beach areas are great for and infant. You will also have a refrigerator in your room. Balconies are a nice size for a family of your size. Great location for walking with a child to restaurants ans shopping. I am not sure where you live but try getting in touch with Players Choice Tours,great prices on Radisson and a great staff to talk to when booking a trip. 1-800-79-ARUBA. Good luck

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>>> "is it possible to buy organic milk in Aruba. If so where can I find it?"
    ------ Can't answer any of your questions but we have brought 2 grandsons younger than 8 months to ARUBA. Way back we used the infant powder milk.
    The water in Aruba is better than most water in the States. Just mixed it and they were happy. Go to the Ling & Sons Web Site to see if they carry it.
    Would recommend bringing your baby car seat with you. Great for carrying infant around airport, waiting for plane, going to sleep under a beach hut, going out to dinner, ....... At one restaurant we loved(went out of business) the owner picked uped the car seat and said the ladies in the kitchen just have to see this pretty baby and off she went.
    http://www.lingandsons.com/home.do
    Click on that for Ling&Sons who may carry it.
    One of those grandsons is now at West Point.
    We always stay down on Eagle Beach at a timeshare(CDM).
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 01-12-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Organic Milk

Both supermarkets carry organic milk!

Good luck traveling with your baby. Our 3 1/2 year old will be making her 4th trip to Aruba and our 17 month old his 2nd trip at the end of the month. Aruba is a great trip and very child friendly.

Travelling with an infant

hii all,

welcome to this forum,

Good luck traveling with your baby. Our 3 1/2 year old will be making her 4th trip to Aruba and our 17 month old his 2nd trip at the end of the month. Aruba is a great trip and very child friendly. Nice trip

Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

traveling with 2 children under age 4 i bet would be a chore..........fun and many memories made.....

care to tell us some tricks that you have used to make it easy?

feel free to start a new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by debarat View Post
    hii all,

welcome to this forum,

Good luck traveling with your baby. Our 3 1/2 year old will be making her 4th trip to Aruba and our 17 month old his 2nd trip at the end of the month. Aruba is a great trip and very child friendly. Nice trip

Thank you!

Dear Arubalisa
    Im also visiting Aruba with my one year old son and I'm planning to stay at the Westin. Do you recommend?
    Tks,
    Marco