Aruba Beach

Thread: Traveling with a large group

Traveling with a large group

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for traveling with up to 9 people and how to keep prices down......

We do not have a villa booked yet and I am hoping to stay at either the Marriott Surf Club or The Occidental.

Does the Marriott have a meal place/all-inclusive? Does anyone know how much the Occidental would be per day for the all inclusive?

If you have children and your party and no one wishes to do any cooking, when we had the same question, our travel agent suggested the Tamarijn.

Some Tamarijn reviews
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn%20review.html

We have been four times since and have enjoyed it each and every time.

Some Occidental reviews

2nd trip July26-31st

Aruba: July 2010

Aruba since 1979
    all inclusive with a group of 9 might indeed be the way to go.
    i do not know if any of the marriott properties off AI.

if you are looking for high end AI, then the RIU might be something worth looking into.
    the Occidental has AI and you would have to contact a travel agent or Occidental for inquiries.

for more laid back i would endorse Lisa's suggestion of the Tamarijn!
    we have stayed there a few times and loved it and the Divi, its sister resort too.

other optional AI's on island are Holiday Inn, Manchebo, Lacabana, Westin.....did i miss any?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    other optional AI's on island are Holiday Inn, Manchebo, Lacabana, Westin.....did i miss any?
    Amsterdam Manor and now the Radisson is offering all sorts of nice looking meal/beverage/all inclusive packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Amsterdam Manor and now the Radisson is offering all sorts of nice looking meal/beverage/all inclusive packages.
    Thank you for being so helpful.......my next question, aside from the Marriott and Occidental, do any of these hotels have rooms with kitchens or a kitchenette at least....

The Amsterdam Manor has kitchenettes. If you are interested in a full kitchen I would look at a timeshare.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The Amsterdam Manor has kitchenettes. If you are interested in a full kitchen I would look at a timeshare.
    OK - so now I'm looking for a timeshare that has the all inclusive option........would this be the Occidental only or are there more timeshares to pick from? Again, I appreciate all the help!

The Riu has timeshare units where I 'think' the all inclusive package is an option. The Amsterdam Manor has an add on all inclusive as well. The Amsterdam Manor's two bedroom units sleep 6 people- 2 bedrooms and a sleep sofa, they have a table seating 6 people as well.