Aruba Beach

Thread: Waterpark near Haystack/Hooiberg

Aruba since 1979

Waterpark near Haystack/Hooiberg

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=21934

AND.......it is reasonably priced.

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    I know a certain little boy who will love that next February!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

did they renovate the one that was closed? or is this a completely new park?

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    I think this one is completely new. If I remember right the old one, which I never saw open, was near the hotels.
    Andrea, am I right?
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

i know, it mentions more stuff being added, wonder if a lazy river is on the docket. I loves me some lazy river.

Aruba since 1979
    yes
    the old one Morgans, was open a few years ago for only a short while.
    when we were last in aruba, may 2012, the "morgans" water park was still closed and apparently it will crumble into a mess by neglect.
    i do wonder though, if the new water park was able to buy any of "morgans" equipment?

this new one is not in the hotel area at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ctfirewife-mjn109 View Post
    I think this one is completely new. If I remember right the old one, which I never saw open, was near the hotels.
    Andrea, am I right?

New waterpark

When my family and I was there in June, we visited the new water park near Hooiberg. They are/were in the middle of a renovation. At the time, they had big slides and a wading pool area. They are adding several more slides and a large kids area. The kids area will have slides and water fountains, typical stuff that you see at most water parks. I believe it was only $10 or $12 for adults, but I don't recall the kids price. When the new area is completed, the park should be a fun place to spend the day. The couple of downsides/ concerns: The water on the slides was very cloudy and you could not see the bottom of the pool in the splash area, which told me the chemicals were not balanced correctly. The water in the wading pool was clear however and you could see the bottom. Sliding on the straight slide were fun but when I used the curving or spiraling slides, I would get stuck because not enough water was flowing to carry me down. My 7 year old did not have a problem on them. Walking up the path to the top of the slides, pea gravel is used in the planting beds and is all over the walkway. It hurt to walk barefooted with the gravel on the path. Overall the water park was a fun place to spend the afternoon and was reasonable price. When we go back to Aruba, it will be one of the places we visit again

BTW 2 things:
    1: to get to the water park, ask for directions to Hooiberg. The entrance to the water park is just past the parking area where you can climb the steps to the top of Hooiberg.
    2: there is also an old water/ amusement park that has been closed for quite some time near the entrance as well.