Aruba Beach

Thread: What to do about Pack and Play?!?!?

What to do about Pack and Play?!?!?

We are going to Aruba for the holidays, and are spending the first week at the Divi (yay!). The second week we are renting a private home. The Divi is providing us a crib for our 1-year-old. The private home does not have a crib, and I can't seem to find anyplace to rent one. I could bring the one we have at home, but it needs to be checked as luggage, and at $25 each way, spending $50 to ship our pack and play seems crazy. And suggestions about where I might rent/borrow/get a crib or pack and play for a week? I've hunted all over and have made a few calls and have gotten no where.

Aruba since 1979
    i searched around and cannot find.............but months ago, maybe a year or 2 ago, this same topic came up. the end result was that there were no porta cribs to be rented.

Ask the homeowner to see if he/she can acquire one for your stay?
    Spending the $50 for check luggage (pack n play) may very well be money well spent.
    If you were fortunate to find on on island to rent, i would bet that it would be more than $50.

I will keep looking.
    Andrea

Aruba since 1979

this is all i could find

SarahJ2169

What I did last year with my then 10 month old was bring down our pack and play. Its one of the newer ones with wheels on the end so I could roll it down to the pool/beach, set it up and put my munchkin inside with some toys. He loved it and with the winds and the shade he would take his nap in there no problem too. The only problem is he loves to watch people so we had to hide him from the view of the walkways or he would never take a nap! Then when I was done I could bring the pack and play back upstairs and set it up for night time. It sounds like a pain in the toosh to do all that but it actually wasn't too bad and the benefits completely outweighed the minor aggravation. Your 18 month old may be to big for the pack and play but I figured I would throw out the idea to anyone perusing the board.

Quote Originally Posted by 207mama View Post
    We are going to Aruba for the holidays, and are spending the first week at the Divi (yay!). The second week we are renting a private home. The Divi is providing us a crib for our 1-year-old. The private home does not have a crib, and I can't seem to find anyplace to rent one. I could bring the one we have at home, but it needs to be checked as luggage, and at $25 each way, spending $50 to ship our pack and play seems crazy. And suggestions about where I might rent/borrow/get a crib or pack and play for a week? I've hunted all over and have made a few calls and have gotten no where.

Hi Mama,

There is a rental place next to Texas Furniture Store in Cumana, Dial Rent To Own, that also just "rents" and maybe they have a crib?

I don't know if you can get a good price for a pack and play at the Indian merchants downtown, like La Aruba, Super Shopping or Lucky Super Store (I've seen as inexpensive as Afl. 100, about $58, but don't know what they have at this time)

Otherwise, I still have Armelle's wooden small (European size) crib on wheels (for the home, not the beach) that you could borrow, unfortunately the plastic covering the foam of the mattress suffered from "heat exhaustion" because of our weather and it can be covered by putting on a molton and double sheet, both which I still should have.

Please let me know if you don't find anything, it is time to donate the crib anyway (Armelle is three and has not used in a long time), but I can loan it to you before I give it away.

Margaret

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by margaret wever View Post
    Hi Mama,

There is a rental place next to Texas Furniture Store in Cumana, Dial Rent To Own, that also just "rents" and maybe they have a crib?

I don't know if you can get a good price for a pack and play at the Indian merchants downtown, like La Aruba, Super Shopping or Lucky Super Store (I've seen as inexpensive as Afl. 100, about $58, but don't know what they have at this time)

Otherwise, I still have Armelle's wooden small (European size) crib on wheels (for the home, not the beach) that you could borrow, unfortunately the plastic covering the foam of the mattress suffered from "heat exhaustion" because of our weather and it can be covered by putting on a molton and double sheet, both which I still should have.

Please let me know if you don't find anything, it is time to donate the crib anyway (Armelle is three and has not used in a long time), but I can loan it to you before I give it away.

Margaret
    That's very nice of you Margaret. Armelle is already three years old. That was fast.

Yes Liz, time flies. Armelle is THE best. No terrible twos, but threes are a little more rambunctious than I expected, but so much fun.
    These three years have been interesting, to say the least. I cannot imagine next year not being at least a little better!