Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABC or CDM

ABC or CDM

Can some one please help me and tell me what is the biggest difference between the two resorts. They are right next to each other and seem to share all the amenities. Yet CDM is significantly more expensive.

Thank you.

CDM is the newer of the two. ABC has studios and one bedroom units whereas CDM has only two bedroom units. CDM has a building with one bedroom units but that is across the parking lot, not directly on the beach as the othr building is. We own units at both places and are happy with them. Don't know much about one bedroom units at ABC. Some difference in the units themselves ie: studios at ABC have shower in bathroom, no tub and just a stove top no oven in the kitchen. CasaDelMar has a stall shower in the smaller bathroom and a roman tub with seperate shower in the master bath. The kitchen at CDM is fully equipped and the dining room seats six where the table and chairs at ABC to eat at are for two. We enjoy both types of units but the CDM units offer more space. Studio at ABC has two queen beds and two bedroom units at CDM offer two totally separate bedroms and bathrooms with a pull out sofa in the living room. All amenities of both resorts can be used by both resorts. Hope this helps.

Edna, out of curiousity, when was the last time the rooms at ABC were renovated?

Edna,

Thank you. I have been to Aruba 9 times over the past 4 years and have always stayed at Costa Linda. My ex girlfriend was the one who made the travel arraignments and found last minuet deals for $800 or $900. This time I am traveling with a new companion and handling everything on my own. I was able to find what I think is a good deal ($700 for week 10 at ABC) But when I did my comparison I found a significant price difference and was just wondering what the differences were. It sounds like size and condition of the units is the biggest differential. What can you tell me about the view (I saw the location on the site layout but not sure how much of the ocean is visible)from unit 215 at ABC. Thanks again for your reply.

ArubaLisa - a complete renovation down to the beams was completed at ABC just last year.
    Last edited by EdnaSmith; 01-07-2009 at 11:47 PM.

To: Boston AK: To the best of my knowledge, the unit you refer to is on the second floor facing the ABC pool. If you go to the CDM website there is an illustration of where every unit is located and the view it has. Not sure about ABC - sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by EdnaSmith View Post
    ArubaLisa - a complete renovation down to the beams was completed at ABC just last year.
    Thank you, my parents have considered ABC for a "getaway".
    Quote Originally Posted by EdnaSmith View Post
    To: Boston AK: To the best of my knowledge, the unit you refer to is on the second floor facing the ABC pool. If you go to the CDM website there is an illustration of where every unit is located and the view it has. Not sure about ABC - sorry.
    http://www.arubabeachclub.net/images/GROUND1.jpg

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "($700 for week 10 at ABC)"
    ---- If there are only 2 of you the smaller unit at ABC would be great. Check on that price. Might not include tax/service charge.
    Just walked through both the CDM and ABC on 12/30 and both looking great. 215 on 2nd floor overlooks a garden.
    Will have a view of the pool but don't think you will have a good view of the ocean/beach. Will be able to see the huts on the beach but don't think you will be up high enough to see the sand on the beach.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 01-08-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonAK View Post
    Edna,

Thank you. I have been to Aruba 9 times over the past 4 years and have always stayed at Costa Linda. My ex girlfriend was the one who made the travel arraignments and found last minuet deals for $800 or $900. This time I am traveling with a new companion and handling everything on my own. I was able to find what I think is a good deal ($700 for week 10 at ABC) But when I did my comparison I found a significant price difference and was just wondering what the differences were. It sounds like size and condition of the units is the biggest differential. What can you tell me about the view (I saw the location on the site layout but not sure how much of the ocean is visible)from unit 215 at ABC. Thanks again for your reply.
    Boston AK,
    The last time you visited Aruba, you stayed at the Casa Del Mar. You've seen the ABC as they share a parking lot. I drove you through both. I found those deals via this website, Craigslist, and also the Members' Boards on the different sites for the timeshares. Perhaps your new companion would be happy making a trip to an island where you don't have any history. While Aruba is a beautiful island, I would expect that this new woman would want to create her own life with you, not live vicariously through your past. I hope you have found a place to stay. I'm sorry that I will not be making your arrangements this time around. Good luck finding something appropriate for you both.

Abc > cdm

We have been owners / visitors at both the ABC and CDM resorts for over the last 20 years ! If I had to make a definitive distinsion between the the 2 resorts, it would be very difficult, in my opinion, they are very comparable, even though CDM is a newer resort on a long term basis!. ABC just went through an absolutely 100% renovation and I was truly amazed at the results, it really turned out to be a NEW RESORT !!! They really did an excellent job !! We frequently exchange our ownership time for different periods, and have never had second thouhts about weather we would endup in ABC or CDM, we just feel that they are very equal overall, we honestly believe that we, as owners, have the very best accomodation/beach/ location, that we could possibly have , all things considered, and would never change our minds on the investment that we have made at ABC & CDM, and we now own 10 weeks !!!!! Thanks T. " LOVE THAT ARUBA " !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast