Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: All inclusive vs. not?

All inclusive vs. not?

This is our first trip to Aruba and are undecided whether to stay "All inclusive" or not. Does anyone know how the prices are regarding drinks and food? Also, only one of us is a drinker.
    Thanks

If you aren't drinkers than I wouldn't do AI... only because there are soooo many good places to eat! It's hard to fit them all in when you're there. Also it gives you a chance to get out and see more of the Island.
    Just my opinion!

The "catch of the day" specials at many of the islands best restuarants is $22-$26 if that helps or there are many places all with dinner entrees in the high teens and low $ to mid $20. And generally a Bright (beer made by Amstel) runs $4 and tropical drinks @ $7. You can spend more granted these prices cover a lot of places @ both Palm and Eagles beaches.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    AI would be a mistake.(including gaining 10 lbs.)

If really good food is important to you, skip AI. If you don't care all that much about food, go AI.

As has been said, there are a lot of great places to eat and explore on the island. Don't let yourselves become resort bound.

Aruba since 1979
    speaking from experience............there are many islands/nations in caribbean and areas where you do not want to step off of the resort.........therefore making AI wonderful.

Aruba is NOT one of those places. The AIs in Aruba are good but NOT necessary as others have said.

Aruba is safe and it is perfectly reasonable to be wandering around off resort and experiencing great restaurants.

We have done AI in Aruba (tamarijn) and liked it.........especially the drinks.......not the added weight to already fat bum, gut, thighs etc...

There are just too many nice places to eat in Aruba. Wouldn't do AI there.

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    Well i have to say i like The Tamarijn All - Inclusive.. Go eat breakfast and hit the beach.. And not have to worry about getting out and finding a place to eat first thing in the morning.. I have been to the Tamarijn 14 times now. When we choose to eat out somewhere other than the resort, No problem. But they have great restaurants. I dont want my days filled up with running around, I'm on Vacation, I like to relax and be able to go get a snack from the hours of 11 to 1am it's convenient and having the food right there. Then back to the beach without having to drive. Just because you choose a hotel that Is AI, doesn't mean you have to eat there all the time.. GOOD LUCK
    Next Trip September sometime or the other..

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........

And Really only one of us is a drinker too.. But he drinks enough for both of us..
    Next Trip September sometime or the other..

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahahahaha

this forum is great because all opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by beckybnott View Post
    And Really only one of us is a drinker too.. But he drinks enough for both of us..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast