Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: All inclusive vs pay as you go??

We have a week at the Occidental and it's all-inclusive optional. With that we can do 3 or 4 days with and the rest without the all-inclusive. I can only speak from what I have been told because we have never actually done that. You would have own or be renting from someone that had an all-inclusive optional timeshare week to be able to do that.

if you own optional ai, you dictate what you want, that's why all my weeks are optional..

Explore

I was told not to do AI the first time I went to Aruba and im SO glad I didnt do it, nor will i ever do it when returning (which will be in December).

There are so many good restaurants on the island that its a shame to be secluded to your hotel to eat without double paying for meals. As you know Aruba is an island and a small one at that, so almost everything is imported to the island. Meaning, if you go to an Italian restaurant, its authentic Italian. Same goes for all the restaurants there.

Unless you don't like to explore or leave your hotel, I highly recommend NOT doing all-inclusive and get to know the local food.

Aruba since 1979
    amduerr welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

thanks for posting your views

Quote Originally Posted by amduerr View Post
    I was told not to do AI the first time I went to Aruba and im SO glad I didnt do it, nor will i ever do it when returning (which will be in December).

There are so many good restaurants on the island that its a shame to be secluded to your hotel to eat without double paying for meals. As you know Aruba is an island and a small one at that, so almost everything is imported to the island. Meaning, if you go to an Italian restaurant, its authentic Italian. Same goes for all the restaurants there.

Unless you don't like to explore or leave your hotel, I highly recommend NOT doing all-inclusive and get to know the local food.

We just rented from an owner with optional a-i. (July 3-10) The partial is now $70.00 per person per day and full a-i is $110.00. That leaves $80.00 to go out for dinner every night.
    With the price of drinks being what it is, we found the partial to be a good deal and we loved the freedom to explore the Palm Beach area at night.
    Our second week is at our timshare, CDM and is all ala carte, so doing it this way provided a good balance.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234