Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another La Cabana Question

Another La Cabana Question

Ok, since you guys have convinced us to bring food (thanks so much for that), my husband asked if there was anywhere for us to use a grill? He mentioned that some hotels/resorts have sections that have grills and is wondering if La Cabana is one of those resorts?

Also, the renovation map confuses me. I am a bluegreen owner and have never used my timeshare for La Cabana so when I look at the chart it confuses me. I know that we have 2 third floor 1 bedroom units and 1 ground floor stuido unit (I believe they are all garden view), but aside from calling, how do I figure out if the rooms have been renovated.

I really don't care, but as I have five other people going with me, there is one or two that want to know. Personally, I don't plan to spend too much time in my room, but whatever, you know how some people are!!!!

Thanks for any information!!!

ETA : I can call bluegreen to see which rooms were are assigned if that would help get better information
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    kisha find out the unit number from bluegreen and then i will tell you if it is renovated (although there is never a 100% guarantee that you will get that exact room.)

YES to the grills at lacabana plenty of them although very hot and unshady locations

Quote Originally Posted by sunlover31 View Post
    Ok, since you guys have convinced us to bring food (thanks so much for that), my husband asked if there was anywhere for us to use a grill? He mentioned that some hotels/resorts have sections that have grills and is wondering if La Cabana is one of those resorts?

Also, the renovation map confuses me. I am a bluegreen owner and have never used my timeshare for La Cabana so when I look at the chart it confuses me. I know that we have 2 third floor 1 bedroom units and 1 ground floor stuido unit (I believe they are all garden view), but aside from calling, how do I figure out if the rooms have been renovated.

I really don't care, but as I have five other people going with me, there is one or two that want to know. Personally, I don't plan to spend too much time in my room, but whatever, you know how some people are!!!!

Thanks for any information!!!

ETA : I can call bluegreen to see which rooms were are assigned if that would help get better information

Andrea, they are closed today so I will have to find out tomorrow and post then!!

Thanks for the information about the grills!!!
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    YES to the grills at lacabana plenty of them although very hot and unshady locations
    How do they work it out with the grills?
    First come first served?

arubalisa that was my next question. Although I wont be the one standing in the heat cooking...lol
    Last edited by Angelwhispers31; 03-14-2010 at 06:14 PM.
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    "grill timing"
    there are at least 4, maybe 5 large grills.

we have never had an issue waiting.
    but this last trip, charlie and i were waiting in the unit for paul to come back with the food that he had been out grilling. we waited and waited and waited.

well, charlie went out to look for him to make sure he had not set himself ablaze.
    i proceeded to wait and wait.
    paul, charlie and 2 other grilling husbands were sitting around in the blazing sun.....sucking down balashis while food sat UNCOOKED. (inside some guys cooler)

the only delay in the grilling i can tell you is that the "men folk" turn into very thirsty chatterboxes while bonding at the grills.

paul's total time at the grill 2+hrs.
    time to grill actually needed 20 minutes

Too funny.

awwww I guess I better go stand over him to make sure he cooks the food and not drink Balashi and bond...especially not while I am hungry...lol or maybe just bypass grilling all together lol I am sure that WONT happen

thanks for the information
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Banned
    nag, nag, nag!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-15-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: the wink was added by me as without the wink it is UNfunny

Banned
    It wasn't meant in an "unfunny"way. My apologies to those offended. It was just one of the lesser known Clint Eastwood lines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast