Aruba Beach

Thread: Anyone Ever use Priceline For New Years/Christmas?

Anyone Ever use Priceline For New Years/Christmas?

3rd time returning but wanted to go during high season knowing that the costs would be considerably higher so I was curious if anyone had ever used this during week 52/Christmas & New Years.

I have had luck so far scoring:
    3 Nights Dec 19th-22nd Renaissance for $90.00
    3 Nights Dec 22nd - 15th Marriott Stellaris for $140.00

The next 6 nights see large price jumps and I will be using the Resort option to avoid the Renaissance as we would prefer to be at Palm Beach. I was hoping someone could let me know if they recall and prices they scored during this season using Priceline.

Regards,
    John

As you know this is a very busy time. We usually come down before our time share week and the prices from the low to high season jump a lot. Be mindful that if you are purchasing from Priceline that you get the rooms after the hotel's guests that booked directly with them. I have been told that by a few hotels directly. If the hotel is fully booked you can't be picky on room allocation.

I have no idea what the price range is for the high season but you might try redweek and see what is availbale for the timeshares along palm beach.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Yeah I have used them numerous times in the past and luckily during low season I was able to request a room upgrade at the Westin and they obliged which was nice of them. I am not concerned with our room location however.
    It seems like a majority of those who go during high season have timeshares.

It is a lot more economical if you are a family. No eating out 3x's a day!! Especially with three big sons, $$$$$!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Yeah we are just a couple and love to eat out. I suppose when you have such a large family eating out every day is difficult to do.

If you cannot get anything through priceline give a call to Players Choice/MCM Tours http://www.aruba4u.com/. The Radisson came out with a special December 11- 25 for $153 per night PLUS tax. I am willing to bet Players 1-(800)-642-7822 can do better than Radisson's website.

Aruba since 1979
    john i have used resort option and have gotten renaissance marina a couple of times.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcCloy View Post
    3rd time returning but wanted to go during high season knowing that the costs would be considerably higher so I was curious if anyone had ever used this during week 52/Christmas & New Years.

I have had luck so far scoring:
    3 Nights Dec 19th-22nd Renaissance for $90.00
    3 Nights Dec 22nd - 15th Marriott Stellaris for $140.00

The next 6 nights see large price jumps and I will be using the Resort option to avoid the Renaissance as we would prefer to be at Palm Beach. I was hoping someone could let me know if they recall and prices they scored during this season using Priceline.

Regards,
    John