Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Aruba Adult Stay

Aruba Adult Stay

Hello! This forum is a wealth of wonderful information. My only complaint is that it was a little hard to find on the site; wish I would have found it earlier. My husband and I are planning a brief vacation July 3rd thru July 10th. We are currently set to stay at the Bucati, but after reviewing posts we may consider staying somewhere else. Our priorities in a place to stay are 1) adult only 2) nice rooms 3) beautiful beach 4) all inclusive option. We like staying places with lots of fun activities. Any suggestions or tips would be wonderful. We are looking forward to our 1st visit.

Aruba since 1979
    you only have 2 choices for Adult Only
    Bucuti
    Renaissance Marina Tower

looking at your post, what does the Bucuti "not have" from your requirements? Bucuti does offer the AGA dine around option and does include full breakfasts daily.

Renaissance Marina Tower to the best of my knowledge does offer full inclusive.

there are many many great restaurants on aruba, that is why all inclusives are not as popular there as some other caribbean destinations.

QUOTE=arubanewbie;205219]Hello! This forum is a wealth of wonderful information. My only complaint is that it was a little hard to find on the site; wish I would have found it earlier. My husband and I are planning a brief vacation July 3rd thru July 10th. We are currently set to stay at the Bucati, but after reviewing posts we may consider staying somewhere else. Our priorities in a place to stay are 1) adult only 2) nice rooms 3) beautiful beach 4) all inclusive option. We like staying places with lots of fun activities. Any suggestions or tips would be wonderful. We are looking forward to our 1st visit.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-18-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Please don't cross Bucuti off your list just yet! We stayed there on our first visit to Aruba, and it was incredible!!! The beach is the BEST, the rooms are awesome, the property is gorgeous, and the staff and guests are friendly. It's small enough to meet other people staying there, but privacy is respected, so if you want to be alone you can.
    And as Andrea said, there are so many great restaurants you don't want to miss!
    Last edited by Windy; 06-18-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Banned

Cool

We also stayed at Bucuti on our 1st visit. It was wonderful. We opted for the Tara Suites which are right on the beach. They had a nice breakfast buffet that was included. The dinner we had at the resort one night was fair. Nice atmosphere....on the beach and very private....but couldn't compare to many of the other fine restaurants on the island.

We've also stayed at the adult only Marriott Towers twice. Very nice hotel, and Renaissance Island (beach) was wonderful; However, the beach is not on the property, and it can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to get from your room to get settled on Renaissance Island. We were in Aruba on business during these stays so being downtown was convenient.

That beng said, it you are coming to Aruba for relaxing on the beach, and want to enjoy a lovely beach....w/no children...I'd recommend Bucuti. It's pricey, but was worth every penny.

Aruba since 1979
    jerseygirl mentions Marriott Tower.
    Renaissance Marina Tower is a "Marriott Property".

There are other Marriotts on island, but the Marina tower (renaissance) is the only adult only.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    We also stayed at Bucuti on our 1st visit. It was wonderful. We opted for the Tara Suites which are right on the beach. They had a nice breakfast buffet that was included. The dinner we had at the resort one night was fair. Nice atmosphere....on the beach and very private....but couldn't compare to many of the other fine restaurants on the island.

We've also stayed at the adult only Marriott Towers twice. Very nice hotel, and Renaissance Island (beach) was wonderful; However, the beach is not on the property, and it can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to get from your room to get settled on Renaissance Island. We were in Aruba on business during these stays so being downtown was convenient.

That beng said, it you are coming to Aruba for relaxing on the beach, and want to enjoy a lovely beach....w/no children...I'd recommend Bucuti. It's pricey, but was worth every penny.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    stay at bucuti and forget the all inclusive. Too many great places to go to at night(bus, taxi, car rental, walk)

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    stay at bucuti and forget the all inclusive. Too many great places to go to at night(bus, taxi, car rental, walk)
    I completely agree. There are several good places to eat within walking distance, and it is very easy to get a taxi (there are usually taxis hanging out in the parking lot) or catch the bus downtown or to the high rise area for dinner and nightlife. Dining in Aruba is fabulous. If you do all inclusive, you'll be missing many wonderful dining opportunities. Bucuti would be my top pick. Be sure to go to happy hour next door at Manchebo. They have a great bar on the beach and lots of people from Bucuti and some of the other resorts nearby come over. Fun, fun!
    Last edited by hatteras; 06-20-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks for all the great tips! Wow! What an amazing community. You all definitely love Aruba. I hope to make plenty of trips so I can contribute. Thanks again.

Is Bucuti the right place for young couples?

I just heard from a coworker who has been to Aruba MANY times that Bucuti is too small and has a lot of non-English speaking guests. Did anyone else experience this? I am looking for a small hotel as I don't like high rises when on vacation but I also want to be sure I stay at the right place (sometimes there are "unwritten rules" about who should stay where). My husband and I are young and like peaceful vacations (no kids!). Thanks for your help, in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    your coworker is not at all accurate.
    yes the resort is small, but not too small.
    maybe 70 +/- rooms/suites.
    it is a high end property and is a jewel.
    it's beach is huge as is Bucuti's HUGE good reputation.

aruba is a foreign country and is host many international guests. ALL of the hotels/resorts has a good mix of english speaking, spanish speaking, dutch speaking and other languages.
    if you are looking for english as the primary language of most guests.......my guess is that 70% are english speaking and 30% other throughout all resorts on island. aruba is a very popular destination for south americans and europeans.
    these are non scientific figures, but my best guesstimate.

enter the word BUCUTI in the search menu on the left.

never have i read a negative word about bucuti and those that go there fall in love with the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelshan View Post
    I just heard from a coworker who has been to Aruba MANY times that Bucuti is too small and has a lot of non-English speaking guests. Did anyone else experience this? I am looking for a small hotel as I don't like high rises when on vacation but I also want to be sure I stay at the right place (sometimes there are "unwritten rules" about who should stay where). My husband and I are young and like peaceful vacations (no kids!). Thanks for your help, in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast