Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Aruba Timeshare Education

Smile Aruba Timeshare Education

I have been to aruba 2x and I have two trips planned in the next 7 months.

I would like to purchase a time share in aruba but I do not want to be locked into a specific week in which the dates change every year. Is there a way to get some type of flexibility? I don't want to deal with trying to rent my timeshare, only to pick one with dates that work. For me I can't always get off from work based on some timeshare preset dates. I would love to have a pick from dates in a particular month, for me november is best.

I don't want to travel to aruba in the summer since I often go to the new jersey shore. In nj we have a week called teachers week in which the schools close, but the exact dates fluxuate. I have started to have my kids (6 and 10) miss a few days of school so that we can have a nice 12day vacation. If I could find a week that is flexible I think I would go for it.

Also it seems better to buy a "used" timeshare because I see some people are selling cheap in an attempt to get out of their contract.

Any thoughts would b appreciated, thanks in advance

Mike

Aruba since 1979
    my suggestion to you would be to buy a FLEX week timeshare.

Renaissance Ocean Suites Ex: you can buy a resale Renaissance and that gives you a fixed week, but the option to pay a change fee $60 and swap that week.
    Marriott Surf (and maybe Ocean Club) you buy a flex week and can use it during particular weeks
    EX: Sometime between week 15 - 51

LaCabana : Uses Bluegreen Points. Buy the points and use them at anytime to book a room. (yes Lacabana also has fixed weeks)

That is what I know and it is limited.
    I hope others can give you a better description.

Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    I have been to aruba 2x and I have two trips planned in the next 7 months.

I would like to purchase a time share in aruba but I do not want to be locked into a specific week in which the dates change every year. Is there a way to get some type of flexibility? I don't want to deal with trying to rent my timeshare, only to pick one with dates that work. For me I can't always get off from work based on some timeshare preset dates. I would love to have a pick from dates in a particular month, for me november is best.

I don't want to travel to aruba in the summer since I often go to the new jersey shore. In nj we have a week called teachers week in which the schools close, but the exact dates fluxuate. I have started to have my kids (6 and 10) miss a few days of school so that we can have a nice 12day vacation. If I could find a week that is flexible I think I would go for it.

Also it seems better to buy a "used" timeshare because I see some people are selling cheap in an attempt to get out of their contract.

Any thoughts would b appreciated, thanks in advance

Mike
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-02-2012 at 11:17 AM.

well Mike, you will definately get many opinions about timeshares on this board and it's a good place to start. So here comes my two cents. Since you have only been to the island a couple of times, you may want to re-think a purchase just yet and rent from owners at several different resorts. Are you sure which beach you want to be on? Palm beach or Eagle beach or downtown? Do you want a one bedroom two bedroom, three bedroom? Have you ever owned a timeshare? Just be sure that when you buy, it is exactly what you want and where you want to be on Aruba (and buy from an owner, not the resort!).
    Penny

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    try renting first.

Thanks everyone.

I will check out a few places during my trip in november. I like the low rise area because it appears to be less crowed and may cost a bit less. Since I love the tanarijin, I plan to explore the divi dutch village which is located right behind it. I also do not want to cross a road to get to the beach, I am a simple person, so I just need something basic.

I do plan to explore resales on the net. I figure that will most likely leed to the best deal since some need to get out of the deal they made. I also have to way the upfront cost and maint fees since it seems the divi dutch village rents to whoever @ a low price in november, which is when I want to travel. I looked today for this nov and the price per day was about $135ish a night b4 tax. Ya that price maybe a sale, but it seemed cheap to me since u r so close to the water. I am not a pool person, I have a 35,000gallon pool in my yard that I am a slave too, but the kids use it, lol.

Still 2 months away, but I am getting excited!

Thanks again

You can also check the other 7 threads on this topic. There is tons of info and suggestions.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/time...0purchase.html

I also took the liberty to move this to the general where to stay category so that it does not get "buried" in the timeshare archive

Aruba since 1979
    Please, the poster "mike" , is not asking for your timeshare solicitations on this thread.

if you want to list your timeshare units for rent, please list them in the Timeshare category.

thanks!