Aruba Beach

Thread: In Aruba, Timeshare Salesmen----

In Aruba, Timeshare Salesmen----

I am currently in aruba at the Tamarijn, and I am 24, and I am with my mom. We wanted to go to a timeshare presentation, but they won't "allow" us to go since I am only 24, and you must be a "Couple" over 28. Could anyone give me a breakdown of prices?

Pickup a copy of "Aruba Today" in the internet lounge and there are generally resales offered by realtors and owners (cheapest way to purchase) in the back pages.

Another option is to go online to websites such as http://www.redweek.com and http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/ among many others.

Do yourself a favor LISTEN to Lisa and buy on the secondary market be patient and you will save lots of $$$$

Confused,

I can't listen. They won't tell me anything since I'm not part of a couple (my mom and I, my dad refuses to listen to anything about it) and I'm not 28. She won't give us any information!

Quote Originally Posted by Megan8607 View Post
    Confused,

I can't listen.
    No, what Confused is trying to say is that there is no need to discuss anything further with this timeshare person.

You would be much better off NOT buying a timeshare directly through Divi. If you want to purchase a timeshare it is much less expensive to purchase timeshares through resales and not directly through the developer.

With airfares up and the economy shaky, there are buys out there. Search the internet. Be patient and you will find a good buy.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thank you Lisa, Megan I have bought 4 timeshares now at greatly reduced rates. My latest one is a 2 bedroom 2 bath on the beach my cousin paid 20,000 for 40 years I paid 7,000.00 for 36 years same exact unit, be patient you will and find a great deal (had been looking for this one for 2 years)

Keep an eye on ebay as well. There are some excellent deals there if you know what you are looking for - there are some very low end timeshares that show up on ebay, so don't always be fooled by the low price. Just check out the places you like in Aruba, get some of the publications etc. mentioned above to get a sense of pricing and just be patient and there are deals to be had at less than 50% of the developer prices.

Megan,
    I sent you a private message. You may want to check if you're still in Aruba.