Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach restoration

Beach restoration

Hello, Does anyone have any information as to the beach condition at the Aruba Beach Club? We were there last Oct. during tropical storm Omar. It did a lot of damage to the bach there. And we were wondering if they have been able to restore the beach yet.

It sounds like the beach at ABC, is just fine.
    http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67494

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "It sounds like the beach at ABC, is just fine."
    ----- On 12/30 it was not fine. Actually beach in front of CDM was fine and better than the ABC beach. On 12/30 rocks still showing on the ABC side and just no where near the large sandy beach of past years.
    One bright thing the ocean bottom in front of CDM was very smooth and sandy. Best I've felt the bottom in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    It sounds like the beach at ABC, is just fine.
    http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67494
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFrederick View Post
    >>> "It sounds like the beach at ABC, is just fine."
    ----- On 12/30 it was not fine. Actually beach in front of CDM was fine and better than the ABC beach. On 12/30 rocks still showing on the ABC side and just no where near the large sandy beach of past years.
    One bright thing the ocean bottom in front of CDM was very smooth and sandy. Best I've felt the bottom in years.
    Tom, sounds as if things have changed in the past month...John has always had a reputation for reliable info.
    "My wife took a walk down to ABC and the beach is back there as well. All in all, as far as we could determine, everything is in good shape. Druif Beach between the Divi and Tam is enormous!!"

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "My wife took a walk down to ABC and the beach is back there as well."
    ----- When was that. On 12/30 CDM beach was fine but next store the beach at ABC was no where near the size it was this past June. The big rocks they planted many years ago for beach protection were showing. Did see some front loaders down at the Divi.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 02-02-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFrederick View Post
    >>> "My wife took a walk down to ABC and the beach is back there as well."
    ----- When was that. On 12/30 CDM beach was fine but next store the beach at ABC was no where near the size it was this past June. The big rocks they planted many years ago for beach protection were showing. Did see some front loaders down at the Divi.
    In reading John's post it appeared he had returned in the past week or so.

Thank you all for the info. I sure hope that they are able to restore it. When we left the rocks were there.

>>> "I sure hope that they are able to restore it."
    ---- Usually the ABC and CDM both being timeshares will wait for Mother Nature to restore their beaches. Takes a lot of $$$$$ to bring in sand. Many many years ago they did bring in heavy construction eguipment and buried large bolders for beach protection.

I sure hope they restore it too. We have a timeshare there and are hoping it will soon be back to normal. Are you a member of the ABC or CDM. If you get any more info on this please let me know. Thanks for the reply.

Arrow

Bad news...

Just posted on another forum:

"Re: Aruba Beach Club?
    Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:08 am

I heard from friends now at ABC that all the rocks are exposed again like they were in Oct. It had filled back in nicely since Oct and the beach at ABC and CDM was growing with each day. She sent me pictures and it is sad to see so much damage again in such a short time, litterly over night. I understand it was worse at Costa Linda and they lost the first row of Palapas which is so hard to imagine because their beach was so large last year. Guess I'll see for myself real soon."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast