Aruba Beach

Thread: Been to Aruban Resort lately?

Been to Aruban Resort lately?

My husband and I stayed at the Aruban Resort last spring with our two older daughters. For the price, it was an ok destination. Yesterday, my husband took a call from them offering us a 5-night stay anytime this year (no blackouts) for $299. The catch is that they would charge us immediately. They told him we would have to decide that night. We didn't take it but now wonder if we should have. What a price! Our concerns are that they would take the money and not be around when we decide to book. Is anyone aware of how they are doing? Have they sold any units? Is the renovation progressing? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I came back from Aruba 3 weeks ago today. I was there for
    4 1/2 weeks - 3 1/2 weeks at La Cabana and 1 week at The Aruban. My sister did the special but her price was $599. for 7 nights. She stayed an extra 2 nights at $100. per night. The rate $299. is a great rate.. You do have to pay the taxes upon check-out which is $25. per nite. Regarding if they "still will be there" I really hope so as I own 6 weeks at The Aruban. There really wasn't any renovations going on while I was there. it seems they are very short of $$$$ to continue the renovations. My suggestion is if you do want to take advantage of the offer, you should do it in the next few months. If you do want to stay longer than 5 nights, ask them how much extra nights would be.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 02-06-2009 at 03:38 PM.

We're staying at La Cabana and the Aruban, too, and I've been a bit nervous about it since so many mention the renovations and lack of money at the Aruban. We are not owners at either so I'm expecting the worse rooms! (exchange fron II)
    How would you rate the service and activities provided? Please advise!

La Cabana

Never stayed at the Aruban. However,stayed at La Cabana last Nov. On a scale of 1-10 I would give them about a 7. Construction going on and seemed to be understaffed. Still enjoyed it, and why not, it's ARUBA!
    Have a great trip!
    Jacqilee

Tim
    The $299 price sounds good. My sister in law has been getting calls from the Marriott for 5 nights for$399. But they gave her two days to decide

hotels.com is showing the Aruban for $78/night - $299 is a great price!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ