Aruba Beach

Thread: Brand new!

Brand new!

Hello!

My family (husband, 10 year old son and myself) are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Aruba in March. We are really looking forward to visiting!

We are slightly overwhelmed by where to begin our search for lodging, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Is there somewhere we can find a map or other description of the various areas? I have heard about high-rise, low-rise, Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, etc. Generally we prefer to stay somewhere we can really experience the local culture, and avoid busy, loud, party all night places. We would prefer a room with a kitchenette, and ideally be on the beach, or very close to it. My husband and I would take a remote location but our son wants a little more action so hopefully we can find a nice compromise. Anyway, if someone could just point us in the direction of a thread, map or something to get us started, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you, and we look forward to learning all we can from these boards!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Check out the Renniassance Suites
    Sleeps 4
    Kitchen etc.
    Location is downtown and they have the unique private island that you take a boat to
    Lots of good restaurants around there within walking distance
    It isn't where the action is per say,but a great place to stay.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/traveltoaruba/b...aspx?&brcid=14

click above link then download the map

once downloaded go to the scroll menu on the left 48 thru 60+

palm beach and eagle beach and druif beach will all be highlighted

what you and your family may need would be a place at divi dutch resort (timeshare) or Tamarijn all inclusive
    on druif beach, just south of eagle beach.
    there is enough "quiet" to keep you and your husband happy
    and enough "kids" to keep your son happy

other thoughts :
    Renaissance Ocean Suites (timeshare)
    downtown, with a nice manmade beach, pools and a pretty cool private island with glorious beaches

other thoughts would be also timeshares......Casa Del Mar, Aruba Beach Club.
    on Eagle Beach a quieter area than palm beach

rent timeshare directly from owners using this site (see timeshare category)
    or www.redweek.com

hotels Radisson and Hyatt and Westin....on Palm Beach, a very busy area...also very nice as well!

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by 2PharmDs View Post
    Hello!

My family (husband, 10 year old son and myself) are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Aruba in March. We are really looking forward to visiting!

We are slightly overwhelmed by where to begin our search for lodging, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Is there somewhere we can find a map or other description of the various areas? I have heard about high-rise, low-rise, Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, etc. Generally we prefer to stay somewhere we can really experience the local culture, and avoid busy, loud, party all night places. We would prefer a room with a kitchenette, and ideally be on the beach, or very close to it. My husband and I would take a remote location but our son wants a little more action so hopefully we can find a nice compromise. Anyway, if someone could just point us in the direction of a thread, map or something to get us started, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you, and we look forward to learning all we can from these boards!

Aruba since 1979
    First timers...fishing and horseback riding
    click above link for your thread

you had some specific "activity" questions and since they were specific, to activities, your post belonged in that category

the webmaster did not move it, i copied it to the activity category as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cac971 View Post
    I just posted a "new to Aruba" message and got "moved" by the webmaster. I thought this page was to help intrduce the newbies to Arumba...
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-31-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions, and this is probably the better place for this question. I seem to have overlooked this general where to stay forum initially.

Aruba since 1979
    not necessarily a better place to put it, but a good place to have it to increase exposure............after all you want some opinions on where to stay.

a place where you and you hubby might love is Club Arias in the Savenetta section. (southern end of the island, about mid way between the airport and san nicholas)
    a terrific bed and breakfast like place is CLUB ARIAS.
    http://www.clubarias.com/
    but, it is FAR from the action of the resort/beach scene and a mile from the quiet mangel halto beach.

your son might not be happy there..........not many kids but it is really a pretty, clean, lovely resort.

you definitely would need a car if staying there

but, for 2 adults who are interested in being "almost a local" for a vacation, this is THE place!
    it is lovely indeed.

QUOTE=2PharmDs;232886]Thanks for the suggestions, and this is probably the better place for this question. I seem to have overlooked this general where to stay forum initially.[/QUOTE]