Aruba Beach

Thread: Carribean Palm Village questions

Carribean Palm Village questions

We usually stay at PBV but the price on Jet Blue was SKY high. Decided to bank room but then price dropped and now have to stay at Carribean Palm Village. Has anyone stayed recently? Are there any issues we should know about? Is the WI-FI free? I heard the pool was under construction and the rooms are kind of run down - is there any truth to this? I also have a concern because it is not on the beach. I know most beaches are exclusive to the hotel that owns them - how do we get to use the beach this year and where is the beach access for CPVR? Any help would be appreciated.

I have read that all beaches in aruba are public, so I don't think this will be a problem.

All beaches are public - we were told the sand is free chairs are $5 if you are not staying at that resort. Arashi is a great beach not connected to any hotel.

According to their website, they provide shuttle service to the beach.

Their Facebook page has a link to MoomBa as well as photos of the beach at MoomBa with people using towels from CPV.

Aruba since 1979
    we have stayed at CPV a couple of times.
    No issues that I know of.
    CPV and PBV units are comparable in their age/furniture/amenities.
    It is nice that the 1 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms.
    The beach is Palm and MOOMBAs is the area and use of their lounge furniture is complimentary......as is the shuttle from CPV........tips accepted!

You CAN use ANY beach in aruba. as others have said all beaches are public. it is the palapas and chairs/furniture that belong to resorts.

I am unsure if either of the pools at CPV are under renovation, you should email them.

Free wifi is available poolside and from balconies/patios

We loved CPV and the staff.

We would stay there again if the opportunity presented itself.

Quote Originally Posted by NUMBAH1DAD View Post
    We usually stay at PBV but the price on Jet Blue was SKY high. Decided to bank room but then price dropped and now have to stay at Carribean Palm Village. Has anyone stayed recently? Are there any issues we should know about? Is the WI-FI free? I heard the pool was under construction and the rooms are kind of run down - is there any truth to this? I also have a concern because it is not on the beach. I know most beaches are exclusive to the hotel that owns them - how do we get to use the beach this year and where is the beach access for CPVR? Any help would be appreciated.

I was just told yesterday the shuttle stops at 4:00 pm. Not all resorts will let you use there chickee's and chairs (FYI)
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub

I stayed at CPV last year as a new owner there and have stayed at the Marriotts, La Cabana and the Westin. I liked CPV the best of all of them. It is quiet and the staff are extremely nice. Some people have to have immediate beach access, some like a bunch of amenities and some like a lot of hustle and bustle. None of that is as important to me as nice grounds, comfortable rooms and peace and quiet. CPV is not top notch but its clean and the grounds are well kept.

As someone said above the shuttle will take you to Moomba Beach. If you have a car you can go any where you want. I prefer Eagle Beach so I bought my own folding chair and went there everyday. You could always bring your own beach towel if you did not want to be identified with a resort and possible shooed away from a palapa. CPV recently started renting guests/owners beach chairs for $25 a week so you could rent a chair and go where ever with it. The chair I bought was your basic chair in a bag and was $18. When I left it stayed at the resort for the next guest to use.