Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: checking out protocol re: stripping bed

Funny - I never strip the bed, but always strip the sofa bed. I guess I want to make sure they know it had been used & needs to be remade
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We don't strip the bed, housekeeping does that. But, we make our bed every morning when we get up on vacation just like at home. Since we spend two weeks at Surf Club we only have housekeeping a couple of times during the stay, so we have to pick up after ourselves and keep the place in order.

I don't strip the bed, but put all the towels in a pile.

In our new condo, the cleaning crew asks that people strip the beds that have been used so they know which beds need to be changed. Striping is easy, making is harder.

We are so used to LaCabana coming in and taking care of the room every day that when we went to a Bluegreen property in the states and our room wasn't done. I called the front desk and asked what happened. The reply was that if you want that service you have to pay. At a Disney property they just give you clean linens mid week and you are expected to make your own beds.

Aruba since 1979
    i had heard the same about a disney property.
    at the disney prices, one would not think that the guest would be expected to make beds.

Interesting. I would not pay for my room to be cleaned while on vacation. I typically won't get my room cleaned unless we are staying more than a week. We get new towels and shampoo as needed..I don't like people in my room....

Quote Originally Posted by wannagoback View Post
    We are so used to LaCabana coming in and taking care of the room every day that when we went to a Bluegreen property in the states and our room wasn't done. I called the front desk and asked what happened. The reply was that if you want that service you have to pay. At a Disney property they just give you clean linens mid week and you are expected to make your own beds.

In a hotel we don't strip the bed at the end of our stay nor do we make the bed each day. Housekeeping does though, and we leave a tip. We reuse our towels (there are usually 4 towels and only 2 of us), and request new towels every few days.

At the condo we rented in North Carolina last fall, one of the rules was that the beds be stripped before we left. They provided laundry bags to put the linens and towels in to leave outside the front door. A local company came and picked it up for laundering. Housekeeping just did the "cleaning".

That's me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Interesting. I would not pay for my room to be cleaned while on vacation. I typically won't get my room cleaned unless we are staying more than a week. We get new towels and shampoo as needed..I don't like people in my room....

I never strip our bed either but I do make sure that I always keep our suite very clean so the maid does not really have to do very much. I know that they work very hard for very little money and the tips that we all leave are really appreciated. I feel this is just like my home for the duration of our stay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12