Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Clark Howard's take on Timeshare.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
    I have bought all mine on re-sales. Now all mine are through RCI Points, I know you have to pay for RCI to be a Points member, but worth it for us as we always go mid-week now.
    Being on the points program, does that allow you to stay at any RCI resort?

Does that get you out of paying annual maintenance and assessments?

I am owner of Marriott Surf Club and I love it I get week 7 we can spleep 8 for $1200. for time share fee .And I can use any week I want or two week split my two bedrooms .You buy a car 50,000. and you keep it for 5 years and after that you get nothing .At lease if I don't have all my money for my time share I get something .just my two cent ....ginette

We have paid $1500 per week to stay at the Costa Linda - The maintenance fee that the owner pays is about $900 for that week. Resales for the weeks we go due to the kids spring break, go for about $15000 give or take depending on location. We figured if we bought, it would take us 20-30 years to break even on that deal. Just does not make sense - maybe when the kids are grown and we can go during weeks that are not as in demand we could find a better deal.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    We have paid $1500 per week to stay at the Costa Linda - The maintenance fee that the owner pays is about $900 for that week. Resales for the weeks we go due to the kids spring break, go for about $15000 give or take depending on location. We figured if we bought, it would take us 20-30 years to break even on that deal. Just does not make sense - maybe when the kids are grown and we can go during weeks that are not as in demand we could find a better deal.
    ...and that does not take into account increases in maintenance or any special assessments along the way.

Mango Halto, East Coast jeep riding, Palm Beach
    Katherine here is 2 bedroom at Costa Linda for June for $599 for week. Just do a google search for any timeshare resort and you can usually get it for what the maintenance fee is from the owner.

http://www.vacationtimesharerentals....stings/104457/

Strange that there are only 4 listings less than $1000 and the other 30+ weeks are well over $1000

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I would love to find Costa Linda for around the maintenance fee price. I've been looking for next Feb. and I'm finding prices ranging from $2200 - $3200 per week for a two bedroom.

never liked clark howard!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12