Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Construction at The Divi Phoenix

Smile Construction at The Divi Phoenix

Hi!! This is my first post, so go easy if I'm in the wrong place...
    (The timeshare threads seem to be mainly for people looking to rent/buy)

I've visited Aruba many times and made the decision to purchase a timeshare at the Divi Phoenix in August of '08... A bit scary... I'm hoping I've made a wise decision... (Any thoughts??)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows the status on the construction going on over there. My next trip isn't until August '09, so I'm hoping it will be complete by then!

Thanks for your time!
    (Happy New Year!!)

I've visited Aruba many times and made the decision to purchase a timeshare at the Divi Phoenix in August of '08... A bit scary... I'm hoping I've made a wise decision... (Any thoughts??)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows the status on the construction going on over there. My next trip isn't until August '09, so I'm hoping it will be complete by then!

Thanks for your time!
    (Happy New Year!!)

Hi, I'm leaving for the Phoenix tomorrow. I will be sure to take pictures. I will post them and update you on the construction when I can!

Quote Originally Posted by starrysky View Post

Thanks for your time!
    (Happy New Year!!)
    When we were in Aruba in October we would take a walk from the Surf Club to the Phoenix and in my opinion it will not be done by August.They were working every day but it didn't seen like they were getting anywhere fast.Phoenix is a great properly away from most of the high rise properties but has a great beach.Go and enjoy

Dvi Phoenix photos?

We are booked into the Divi Pheonix the last week of March. Just wondering if anyone has any recent photos or information about the renovation? Thanks!

the desert. the national park just laying on the beach in total relaxation.

Smile

I emailed them back in November and ask about the renovation progress on the villa bathrooms. They told me that the work on our unit 101 would be finish by the time we got there. I also ask if the new section of the phoenix was ready for occupancy, they told me they would be open in december 08. I found that hard to believe. I've watch too many construction projects take years to complete in Aruba. Hopefully the information I got is correct. I don't mean to put any doubts in you mind, I know it's got to be close to finished. I'd like to try out the new pool and bar. That really looked nice.
    grady

Wink

Thank you both! I look forward to hearing the trip report from the divi phoenix... and thanks for the advice on just having fun! Point well taken!

I spoke with a Divi rep in their North Carolina corporate offices last week, and she told me that Building 1 AND the new pool area are now open! The rest of the buildings should be opening in the next few months, but she did not give me an estimate on the restaurant. I can't wait to see pool pictures! :-)

BGlynn - looking forward to getting those pics. I'll be at the Phoenix Jan 17-24 and am curious if there is lots of construction noise. Last year there was some but not overwhelming.

DIVI Phoenix

Phoenix was supposed to open new buildings on 12/27/08. Leaving on Saturday for 2 weeks at Divi, supposedly in the new units. Can anyone provide an update or information with how the experience was during the first week in the new units?

Thanks.

John L.

1/7/09 Divi Phoenix Contruction Update & ?s

We own wk 5 timeshare in the new buildings. On 1/7/09 I was told by a Divi rep that we'll be staying in building A in "comparable" units. The pool will not be completed. The restaraunt will be completed on 1/20.

We arrive on 1/31 with 2 small children (who take naps and need their nightime rest) and we're very, very concerned about the construction noise, mess, etc. If anyone can give us a first-hand account of the "comparable" units, amentities and condition of the old pool, I'd appreciate it.

There's nothing worse dealing with inconveniences when traveling with small kids.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast