Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sherryf

Thread: Costa Linda Questions

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach

Costa Linda Questions

Hi everyone, This year we will be dividing our time three ways. We have a Friday - Friday rental at Costa Linda, Friday - Sunday rental at Divi Village, and then a Sunday - Sunday rental at Paradise Beach Villas. We've stayed at Divi Village and Paradise BV before, but Costa Linda is new to us. We are very excited about our stay there and have some questions about the palapa situation and beach rules. First, how early do you need to get out in the morning? Can you claim your palapa, go back in and have breakfast and come back out in a few hours, or do you need to stay in your spot for a while to claim it? Do they remove your stuff if you don't come back within a certain period of time? That is fine with us, just want to know what to expect. Personally, I prefer a few rules, rather than just letting people put their stuff down to claim a palapa, and then disappearing for most of the day. I'm looking forward to hearing from those of you who stay at Costa Linda. It is such a beautiful resort. Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    i can answer a few.
    we have friends that stay at CL and we sometimes go and hang out with them.

they go in august and the resort is always full, so i am basing my comments on a full week (2 weeks). 32 and 33.

our friends rarely get onto the beach before 11 am.
    they have to my knowledge gotten a palapa each and every time.

we have joined them for lunch and we have left our/their stuff at the palapa for upwards of 2 hrs without any concern of our stuff being moved/removed.

so YES about claiming the palapa and then having breakfast.
    a reasonable absence is 2 hrs or less.

i will ask her to post to this thread.

they have been owners there for many yrs.

:-)
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Hi everyone, This year we will be dividing our time three ways. We have a Friday - Friday rental at Costa Linda, Friday - Sunday rental at Divi Village, and then a Sunday - Sunday rental at Paradise Beach Villas. We've stayed at Divi Village and Paradise BV before, but Costa Linda is new to us. We are very excited about our stay there and have some questions about the palapa situation and beach rules. First, how early do you need to get out in the morning? Can you claim your palapa, go back in and have breakfast and come back out in a few hours, or do you need to stay in your spot for a while to claim it? Do they remove your stuff if you don't come back within a certain period of time? That is fine with us, just want to know what to expect. Personally, I prefer a few rules, rather than just letting people put their stuff down to claim a palapa, and then disappearing for most of the day. I'm looking forward to hearing from those of you who stay at Costa Linda. It is such a beautiful resort. Thanks!!

hi hatteras!

yes we spend weeks 32 and 33 at costa linda. the occupancy runs between 85 and 90% according to the front desk, which is not as busy as high season but certainly nearing the limits.

we are lazy to pool and beach and honestly have never had a problem getting a palapa at beach or pool. i would say that the pool is a little more difficult than the beach and if you get there right around water arobics time it will be hard to get a pool palapa during that hour.

costa linda has amazing security thanks to they latest board members and management) and they really don't tolerate people leaving their things for too long. i have frequently been asked our room number and watched it marked down with the time. if you go to lunch, they understand. however, if your lunch lasts thru a nap, you will find your possessions moved if someone else wants to sit there. if i recall, the time limit away is two hours. it is a fair and honest way to do it and i am impressed with how smoothly it has been handled. no one seems offended by it. btw, you are entitled to one palapa per unit.

about 90% of costa linda's units have been renovated already and are beautiful. there is some construction happening because costa linda is replacing the turtle's nest restaurant with a new one. our pool has also just been renovated and in service although as of my last check of renovations some of the final touches are being worked on now and should be completed soon. there are great breakfast specials and a reasonably priced lunch is really tasty.

ask away if i've missed anything.

Costa Linda

I'm sure you'll love Costa Linda. It is a beautiful resort and even better with all the renovations.

The palapya situation really depends on the time of year. We usually are there in January/February. You probably won't get a palapya if you wait until at time in the winter months. If you are happy with anywhere on the beach, you can probably get out by 9:30 or 10a. If you have to have a certain hut or close to the water, you better get there by 5am. I'm not kidding.

My husband has asked if I can get him a Kindle that he can see in the dark for the mornings he is out there with his 'breakfast club buddies' before 6am. If you do reserve a hut before 8am, you must stay at the hut until 8am. Then you may leave for 2 hours for breakfast or whatever.

They do keep fairly good track of the time you are gone so keep that in mind. If there is a storm and some of the huts are lost to the sea (it seems to happen every year in weeks 52 or 1) then there will be fewer huts and therefore and earlier start time.

Have a great stay at a beautiful resort.

Mary

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Thanks so much for your responses. We will be there in Feb., which we know will be very busy. I personally like some structure, so all of the "rules" are fine with me. I can't wait to be there!

Quote Originally Posted by macalh View Post
    My husband has asked if I can get him a Kindle that he can see in the dark for the mornings he is out there with his 'breakfast club buddies' before 6am.
    Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (Fits Kindle Keyboard) works perfect in the dark