Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Costa Linda vs Divi Golf & Beach

Question Costa Linda vs Divi Golf & Beach

Hello all!

As I stated in my intro email in the welcome forum, my mom and stepdad have offered to pay for the airfare and accommodations for my honeymoon in June of 2012. My options are either Costa Linda or Divi Village Golf & Beach. I really hate to just come in and ask a question that has probably been covered time and time again but I did a search for both of them and really couldn’t find anything that compared the two.

We definitely want to be on the beach and I believe both of these are (I understand one of the other Divi resorts is not but I think this one is), we do not have children and, quite honestly, prefer places with less kids, we’re not extremely concerned with on-site facilities (at least I don’t think we are) as I plan to rent a scooter to get around. We basically want a tranquil paradise that will allow us to lie on the beach, play in the water, and simply relax together.

Don’t get me wrong, we plan to do some snorkeling, maybe some sailing, visit Oranjestad, go to the north side of the island and explore nature, paddleboarding would be awesome, etc., but I think the bulk of our time will be spent enjoying each other’s company on the beach. Also, I do not golf and I know the one place has golf in their name. Not sure if that matters but I thought I should mention it.

So, does anyone have any advice as to which resort would suit us better; Costa Linda vs Divi Village Golf & Beach? Again, those are the two options that are being offered to us as a wedding gift, free of charge. Thanks so much for any advice/info that you may provide. It is truly appreciated!!

-Todd
    Last edited by TH420X; 12-06-2011 at 01:44 PM.

The Divi Golf is across the street from the beach and set much further back from the ocean than the Costa Linda.

In this aerial map you can see the Divi Golf lower right and Costa Linda upper left.

Hi Arubalisa! I've read many of your posts!

So Divi Golf IS NOT on the beach? Those photos are tricky! Well that pretty much settles it then. Regardless, was there supposed to be an attachment on your post? I did not see anything. I would definitely like to see the map you referenced.

Thanks a lot for the info!!

Aruba since 1979
    my vote goes for costa linda for the fact that it is BEACHFRONT.
    divi village and divi golf village are a bit of a hike.
    divi village is an easy 5 minute walk and yes across the street.
    divi golf units are a bit further back and there are golf cart-like shuttles if you want to use.
    the walk to the beach from the ones that are far back would be about 10 min or less.

all of the resorts mentioned are very very nice!

I'm not much of a golfer so I was thinking the Costa Linda would probably be better for the simple fact that it wouldn't be golf-themed. Beachfront is the key though! Thanks!!

For what it's worth, this is the Divi Village resort: http://www.divivillage.com/DiviVillage. I just wanted to make sure I was giving the correct info on the resort I am talking about. This photos makes it look like it is beachfront. As I said, tricky photo!

There's a street hiding behind those trees, isn't there? (see attachment)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Costa Linda vs Divi Golf & Beach-vgb_exterior-full.jpg  
    Last edited by TH420X; 12-06-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    you betcha
    it really is no big deal
    but if you want beachfront............costa linda is the way to go.

please do me a favor and delete the large photo and insert it as a thumbnail

and for you divi lovers........i love divi golf and village too.

Deleted and attached! Thanks again, to you both, for the info. While yes, not that big of a deal, I really like the whole beachfront thing. More my style, you know?

This map is centered directly on the building pictured

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.535...1&z=17&l=0&m=b

A bit different from Costa Linda

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.543...6&z=19&l=0&m=b

Those photos are great; thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast