Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Divi Dutch Village information needed

Baby Beach -just to be lazy and float on my raft and snorkle too

Divi Dutch Village information needed

Hello all,

We will be staying for the first time at the Divi Dutch Village, anyone ever stay here? If yes, how were the rooms, beach, and pool?

We usually stay at our timeshare at Caribbean Palm Village, Aruba Beach Club, or Casa Del Mar Ambassador Units. We rented them out and then found out we could get away. Ended up getting a package air, hotel, and taxes at the Divi.

I heard it is difficult to eat and drink on the Divi property if you are not AI. We would never do AI, we have to many places we like to eat at every night will be booked in advance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This will be my 18th or 19th trip to Aruba. I have 7 weeks to go and counting.....

Jill

Aruba since 1979
    divi dutch was renovated from early 2000s til last yr.
    the beach is just a few steps away as the dutch is directly in front of the tamarijn............they share or partially share properties.

there are 3 pools all small-intimate-quiet.
    we stayed in a 1 bedrooom unit there pre timeshare a couple of years ago. it had been recently renovated and was perfect.

i do not know what you mean by "difficult to eat", but we used our unit to eat/prepare breakfast and lunch, and ate dinner out. we had no use of the tamarijn restaurants or bars except for jimmy's place on top of the watersports building for a happy hr. (not all inclusive there)

if we wanted to eat all inclusive on the tamarijn property we could have bought day passes.

lucky you 7 weeks!

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Arubagirl90 View Post
    Hello all,

We will be staying for the first time at the Divi Dutch Village, anyone ever stay here? If yes, how were the rooms, beach, and pool?

We usually stay at our timeshare at Caribbean Palm Village, Aruba Beach Club, or Casa Del Mar Ambassador Units. We rented them out and then found out we could get away. Ended up getting a package air, hotel, and taxes at the Divi.

I heard it is difficult to eat and drink on the Divi property if you are not AI. We would never do AI, we have to many places we like to eat at every night will be booked in advance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This will be my 18th or 19th trip to Aruba. I have 7 weeks to go and counting.....

Jill

Baby Beach -just to be lazy and float on my raft and snorkle too
    Andrea,

Thank you for the information about the Divi Dutch Village. It is a first time for us staying here. I heard it was difficult to use the facilities without being II. Like getting a drink at the bar or food. We will be eating our dinners out anyway so I am sure we can manage just fine.
    We have a suite, kingsize bed, sleep sofa, and small kitchen from what the paperwork states. 7 weeks and counting.

Thanks,
    Jill

YOu need to buy drink or meal Tickets at the front desks of the Tamarijn or Divi Divi if you want to eat or drink on those properties and you're not AI. While a pain to go all the way to the front desk, it's not too difficult, just don't get your tickets wet in the pool!!

We stay at Divi Village every year and we love it! Beach is not even 2 mins away. We have a sudio unit that has a fully equipped kitchen and there are 2 local supermarkets nearby. I usually by fruits and veggies and some groceries there. So breakfasts and lunches is not a problem at all. There is also Seabreeze Cafe on the property where you can pay cash. Also check out Divi Golf they have a couple of really good restaurants there. There are plenty of options so that you don't have to use Tamarijn and buy meal tickets! You will have great time! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Ksiu

Divi Dutch Village Towel use

Hello,
    We will be staying at the Divi Dutch Village in August. We usually do the AI at the Tamarijn, but with the high prices we decided not to this year. I believe for the check in, we have to do that at the Divi Golf Village right? When we want new towels each day do we have to go across the street to where we checked in, or can we just get them at the towel hut at the Tamarijn? Any information would be much appreciated....

Dennis

towels at Divi Dutch Village

Hello,
    We will be staying at the Divi Dutch Village in August, and I know that we have to check in across the street at the Golf Village, when we want fresh towels, do we have to go across the street everyday or can we get them at the Tamarijn towel hut. If anyone knows please respond......

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    If it is the same as last year, Check-in is at Divi Village but not sure about the towels.

I was at the Dutch Village for a few days in January. The beach towels can be changed at the Tamarijin.

Divi Dutch towels are green and can be exchanged at housekeeping, located between phase 2 and 3. Morning is the best time to trade in your towels. Your unit will come with 4+ towels to start. Check in is at the the Divi Village. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast