Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divi Dutch vs. Divi Village?

Divi Dutch vs. Divi Village?

Hi everyone-
    We are going on a last minute getaway to Aruba in August and we're thinking of trying the Divi hotels. We did a timeshare presentation of the golf villas a few months ago but we were never shown the beach area or any of the other areas of the hotels. We normally stay in Palm Beach but wanted to give this area a shot.

Can anyone compare the bars, pools, beach location, rooms, etc. in the Dutch Village compared to the Divi Village (All suites?)

Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    both nice resorts

Dutch- one does not have to cross the street to get to the beach
    Village- nicer pool (s)
    Units- both are fine. Dutch had a remodel a few yrs ago. Village is in need of a remodel but the rooms are FINE at both.

If it were me, i would choose the DUTCH as it is not as spread out, had the beach right there and a little more laid back/relaxed.

Neither one of these places are way upscale...they are nice, clean, comfortable and relaxed. Cannot compare to Palm beach places like Riu/Occidental/Marriotts.[/U][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by EricaS View Post
    Hi everyone-
    We are going on a last minute getaway to Aruba in August and we're thinking of trying the Divi hotels. We did a timeshare presentation of the golf villas a few months ago but we were never shown the beach area or any of the other areas of the hotels. We normally stay in Palm Beach but wanted to give this area a shot.

Can anyone compare the bars, pools, beach location, rooms, etc. in the Dutch Village compared to the Divi Village (All suites?)

Thanks!!

Thanks Andrea,

I should have mentioned that I stay at playa linda most of the time so I am not looking for a Hyatt type atmosphere...would be nice.. but out of my price range for this trip!
    I am just confused by the beach layout... Dutch sounds like its very rocky and not as big of a beach as the village area... Thanks for your help!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    We stay at Divi Dutch and really like it. We use the beach in front of the Tam. Our first visit the beach had seaweed but a big storm had gone thru before we got there. This past March the beach was beautiful and perfectly clear! There is a section where there are lots of rocks but on either side it's very nice IMO. I don't think you'd lose staying either place!

Here is a map of the Tamarijn and Dutch Village
    http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.jpg

There are no rocks on the beach at the Tamarijn in front of buildings 1900 - 2500. If you walk directly to the beach from one of the lower numbered Dutch Village buildings there would be rocks. Could you request a higher numbered Dutch Village building? The only negative here is that you are sharing the beach palapas with guests of the Tamarijn. You would need to get out there early if you required one.

Here is another map http://www.divigolf.com/resortMap_Aruba.html which shows the Divi Village proximity to the beach. It is a much further walk, and the resort is much more spread out but imo, a nicer stretch of beach (the beach between the Divi and Tamarijn).

I agree with Andrea though, all things considered the Dutch Village would be a better option.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Our timeshare is in the new Villas at Divi Golf. They are beautiful. They had to shut the water off last year and let us use some unused rooms at Dutch Village to shower, etc. In my opinion, the rooms and the pool at the new Villas are much nicer than Dutch village, however, if you stay in the older part of Divi Village then the rooms are nicer at Dutch village (does that make sense). The older part of Divi Village really needs a "facelift". Also at Divi Golf Villas you have Mulligans and Windows on Aruba which are lovely (Mulligans for casual food and drink and Windows on Aruba for more upscale atmosphere). The beach across from Divi Village is nice because it's never crowded. Hope you find my info useful.

Highly reccomend the Divi Dutch for beach access and Tam social crowd, can not beat the Bunker Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Here is a map of the Tamarijn and Dutch Village
    A little unrelated, but do you happen to have a similar map for the Divi? The map on the Divi website doesn't offer much detail.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/divi_map.htm

this is from Lisa's arubabound site.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    this is from Lisa's arubabound site.
    Ah, missed it the first time I looked. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast