Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Divi phoenix

Aruba since 1979
    i have been to the beach at the radisson and at the phoenix and at the riu (when it was the grand) i would say the radisson is the most congested.

but, now that phoenix has upped its census, maybe that section is busy too.

comparing the resorts..........well as i said, it was a few years ago when i was there.
    but since the rad is a hotel and phoenix is timeshare there are loads of differences right there.

they are both terrific.

i like the phoenix as it is at the quieter end of the beach.

Thanks everyone, lisa, when i called ,they told me the price for the 8 nites in december, and it was in the new buildings, but thanks, before i make that final decision , i would def. Go over that with them and make sure.

Sherry, i would hope by dec. That beach is all done, you think ? ( i hope )
    can you tell me, is the water, calm or waves ? Rocks or smooth ?

Cindy, the room look very nice on line, full kitchen is a plus , especially for breakfast , snacking, even a dinner or 2, especially those wanting to keep the dining bills a little down, this helps

Lisa , i will email you

kath, the water is shallow for a great distance, rarely has any waves and is either smooth bottomed or in areas covered in sea grass. the jetty areas are great for snorkeling. you can shallow snorkel and see many fish which surprised the heck out of me. just put on a mask and snorkel, lean forward in the chest high water and peer into some beautiful sea life.

hopefully the beach will be done by december. remember, the climate is hot and work moves slowly in heat. if it was me and the price was right, i would jump at it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherryf View Post
    kath, the water is shallow for a great distance, rarely has any waves and is either smooth bottomed or in areas covered in sea grass.
    We're "beach people", when we stayed at the Phoenix years ago, this was the biggest turn off for us. It was difficult trying to find a place to cool off in the ocean that was deep enough. Add on to that avoiding the sea grass... .

Lisa,
    ew!!!!, don't like sea grass, however, you know, find the beach and walking a difficult task, so if can make in and get wet, good enough, i'll just hang out by the pool. My friends are big beach people, i guess they can deal with it or get a float or share the pool water with me

I took a timeshare tour of the Divi Aruba Phoenix back in February and it was really nice. I wanted a beachfront unit and they showed me a 1 bedroom in the new Beach tower. It was gorgeous. I still remember the room #. It was 964. I believe the beach tower is considered building 9, the 6 is for the 6th floor and the 4 is unit 4. thus 964. They quoted me a price of 45,500 for week 8 and came down to 43,600 for the unit. It was beautiful and had 2 separate balconies (one oceanfront and one poolfront) and everything was new and granite kitchen, etc.. but that price was too much, I thought. We spent the day and stayed on the beach afterwards and I was not that impressed. It was very "rocky" in spots. We also visited the Riu and Playa Linda and thought both their beaches were nicer. But as far as the rooms and layout, the Divi beach tower was top notch.

The past two years I've stayed at the Divi Phoenix. The first year 2009, I stayed in the brand new studio unit. I have a first floor room and my view was the pool and then off to the side was the beach. The room was very nice. The only down side was when it rained bc it so windy there the front door did not have a guard at the bottom so when I woke up one morning there was all this water outside the bathroom. There was also ants in our bathroom around the tub and toilet. Over all it was very nice they just had to work out the kinks. If I were to stay in that unit again I would ask for upper floor and make sure that there was a flap at the bottom of the door. I did however like being on the first floor bc I would go out the sliding door every morning for my runs and I didn't have to worry about taking the steps or elevator.

Last year 2010 we rent a one bedroom Villa which was okay. The building where the Villas are are older and not as nice as the newer units. All in all its was okay bc we stayed outside a lot. It was nice having the separate bedroom from the dining area bc I always get up before my husband and go out for a run or just to have coffee and sit on the balcony so it was nice not to wake him up.

This year we are coming back to Aruba in July but we are staying at the Occidental

Phoenix

Some answers, Their are 14 floors. Their are 2 different layout for the 1 bedrm. The larger one bedrm has 1 1/2 baths & best yet 2 balconies. One off the Living room & one off the bedrm. I will be listing my wk 10 for rent. Will try & show pics from the room. I love the Phoenix, then I just love Aruba.

In the old towers their are 2 different layouts for the 1 bedroom. You can go to this site & see it for your self. I only like the large one that has 1 1/2 baths & 2 balconies. They would be the X02 & x04 rooms. Much better than the smaller 1 bedroom that only has one balcony off the bedroom.
    http://img261.imageshack.us/i/phoenixtowerplanoq4.png/
    Hope this helps.
    I love the Phoenix., & most other places in Aruba

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast