Aruba Beach

Thread: Energy Charge

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse

Energy Charge

I was talking to a friend today. She just returned from Aruba this weekend. She stayed at the Divi Village and was charge an "energy charge" ($100.00). Does anyone know if this is something new? Is this charge being applied at all of the resorts on Aruba? Thanks

Not new, goes by the kind of unit it is...less per day for a studio and more for a 2 bedroom unit. Going by my papers since I own there it is as follows....
    6.00/night + 5.00 energy surcharge/night for studio
    6.50/night + 7.50 energy surcharge/night for 1 bedroom
    7.50/night + 10.00 energy surcharge/night for 2 bedroom
    7.50/night + 12.50 energy surcharge/night for 3 bedroom
    so there it is....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by arubaerin View Post
    I was talking to a friend today. She just returned from Aruba this weekend. She stayed at the Divi Village and was charge an "energy charge" ($100.00). Does anyone know if this is something new? Is this charge being applied at all of the resorts on Aruba? Thanks
    I just got back Saturday, from the Radisson and I didn't have anything like that.
    Decided to take down my timer!

Aruba since 1979
    the radisson is a hotel and cannot pass along those charges to the guest.
    (well maybe they do pass it on and it is hidden in the nightly rate)

these charges that are mentioned are from timeshare places.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    I just got back Saturday, from the Radisson and I didn't have anything like that.

yes Andrea, I think you are right....it is the timeshare thing and I guess that's how they get away with it....
    You would think that with the price you pay for the timeshare and the yearly maintenance fee you would not be accessed another fee on top of everything else, but it is what it is....you either pay it or go elsewhere
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    the tax and the energy thing should be figured in to the annual maintenance fee/s.

i have some of my lacabana units for rent for jan and feb and i disclose that there is a surcharge pf about $10 a day that is payable at the resort and not part of the rental fee. it is a drawback for those trying to rent their units and is a turn off..............albeit a small fee.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    yes Andrea, I think you are right....it is the timeshare thing and I guess that's how they get away with it....
    You would think that with the price you pay for the timeshare and the yearly maintenance fee you would not be accessed another fee on top of everything else, but it is what it is....you either pay it or go elsewhere

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>>> "all of the resorts on Aruba?"
    ----- That Energy Surcharge is a timeshare thing. There is also an Aruban room/suite tax. Most hotel type resorts in Aruba put those charges in the room charge so you will not see them if getting your reservations through a travel agent like www.aruba4u.com . Some timeshares put those fees/charges in the yearly maintenance fees. Some other timeshares will collect them there for the number of nights you stay. That way if leaving a few days early or arriving a few days late you save a few $$ on the second type timeshares.
    Of course if you are renting your timeshare unit to a person please tell them about those fees. Also if swapping a week through a timeshare network you may still have to pay those fees even if at your timeshare they were included in the maintenance fee.
    >>>> "the tax and the energy thing should be figured in to the annual maintenance fee/s"
    ----- I like paying it when I use ours. I know its got to be paid but paying it there splits the bill so it doesn't hurt as much. And if for some reason we can't spend the whole time in the unit at least we don't have tp pay the fees for those nights.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 07-14-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse
    Thanks for all the information. I really love this forum you guys are all a wealth of information. Although we bought a timeshare at the Divi Pheonix I found a good deal at the Holiday Inn for November so I will sneak away for the week and not worry about the energy charge

Aruba since 1979
    way to go!
    enjoy.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by arubaerin View Post
    Thanks for all the information. I really love this forum you guys are all a wealth of information. Although we bought a timeshare at the Divi Pheonix I found a good deal at the Holiday Inn for November so I will sneak away for the week and not worry about the energy charge