Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rob o

Thread: Favor to ask those visiting Surf Club July / August

Favor to ask those visiting Surf Club July / August

My family and I have been visiting Aruba for 7 years the last week of September. However, our state is about to change it's truancy laws and I won't be able to get my kids absences excused for vacation. So, we are thinking of going in August starting 2013.

We have been spoiled in September with the lack of people. Never an issue with pool chairs or beach palapas. So, if anyone who is going from now until August 20th could give me the low down on what to expect, I would be so thankful.

We're also open to April break week if anyone has been and could comment on that.

Thanks in advance!

PS. my 6 year old wanted me to add the eek smilie. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by shanb42 View Post
    My family and I have been visiting Aruba for 7 years the last week of September. However, our state is about to change it's truancy laws and I won't be able to get my kids absences excused for vacation. So, we are thinking of going in August starting 2013.

We have been spoiled in September with the lack of people. Never an issue with pool chairs or beach palapas. So, if anyone who is going from now until August 20th could give me the low down on what to expect, I would be so thankful.

We're also open to April break week if anyone has been and could comment on that.

Thanks in advance!

PS. my 6 year old wanted me to add the eek smilie. Sorry!
    I think you'll find that time of year just fine.

Our girls are now in college, we had gone during April vacation twelve straight years, the last six of which our girls were truants as we went for two weeks. When badgered once by a short sighted educator my reaction was that my girls won't remember that one week of school ten years from now, but they'll remember the vacation.

We found April to be busy but tolerable. The worst thing, however, was airfare. Flying out of Boston during school vacation week has gotten very expensive recently.

From where would you fly?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

No crowds

Benn staying at the Surf this Feb (Prsidents week) and in July. Marriott expanded the Beach and erected more Palapas. Everybody can get a free and a decent Palapa if you come before 8a.m.
    Actually you still can get a Palapa later but it's further from the water.
    Surf is Absolutely Great place and much much improved over the last few years.
    Ocean club is also fantastic after renovation but it's more expensive than Surf.

Bone Voyage,
    Peter

We just got back from a week at the Surf Club last night and had a wonderful time, as we usually do. they did expand the beach a bit and I believe they added 30 palapas. The beach was certainly active but there were always palapas or cover chairs available. We have been there in late August as well and it was definitely not overcrowded.

We have owned at the SC since '06 and it has actually improved over time. I think they have really figured out how to best manage a large facility and the addition of the adult serenity pool has been a big plus. We avoid going during school vacations since our kids are grown now and we do hear some interesting stories about the crowds then.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    We just got back from a week at the Surf Club last night and had a wonderful time, as we usually do. they did expand the beach a bit and I believe they added 30 palapas. The beach was certainly active but there were always palapas or cover chairs available. We have been there in late August as well and it was definitely not overcrowded.
    Jeff,
    I was there in March, is this something that is new as newer than last year? If so, where did they expand the beach area?? Where did they put more palapas in?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PICTURE???
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I'm not sure when they were put in but they have them listed on a poster in the lobby along with other improvements like new mattresses, enhanced free wireless in the pool areas. The wireless is really a lot better and I was able to get emails and send texts from my IPhone while on my terrace.

They appear to have added the new palapas back where the volleyball court was-it's still there but repositioned a bit. I think they have also extended them towards the Hadicurari restaurant.

New Palapas

There're more Palapas currently than in March.
    The bulk of new Palapas are in the area that was an emty field next to the Volleyball court. They also squeezed a few more Palapas by increasing somewhat the density of Palapas on the Beach.
    The existing situation with Palapas is markedly better than before.

Thank you so much everyone! We are in CT so would travel from JFK. I usually have enough amex points for travel but this year they really bumped the number of points you needed. Not sure we'll have flights covered much longer. bummer! Glad to hear the beach was expanded and it won't be ubber crowded.
    I never hesitated about taking my kids out of school before. But I worry now with the law it may not look good when applying for college if they have 10-14 days of absences.