Aruba Beach

Thread: General info needed.....

General info needed.....

Divi Phoenix
    Good Day,

We are a party of 6 heading to Divi Phoenix in approximately 1 month, and have a few questions.....We've rented a 2 BR unit in the newest tower with another couple and their 16 year daughter, a friend my daughters. My husband and daughter have traveled twice to Aruba and love it. This is the first time we've rented a time share and not stayed at resort on Palm Beach.

How equipped is the kitchen for cooking dinners? What essentials should we plan to bring with us? Sometimes I find it easier to open a bottle of wine and just relax and grill or cook dinner in after spending the entire day on the beach...

Where is the port in Oranjastead to meet fisherman and get fresh fish, and/or purchase produce? How early do we need to be there? Also, is there a fish market that close to Palm Beach?

Can we go to the Aruba AL resort on the island and use their kayaks and snorkel equipment free of charge? Sounds too good to be true...Can we purchase lunch while there?

Is the french market at the Divi Phoenix still open? I've read its closed?

Suggestions for local restaurants....no tourist traps please! We'd also like to make it over to San Nicolas area one day.

Any other info you'd like to share, I'm happy to receive.....

Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Sherry

Aruba since 1979
    the divi phoenix units have the basics that you will need to cook dinners, including. i am unsure if their oven is a regular oven or a microwave convection oven. you could email them or the person that you are renting from and ask what is supplied in the kitchen. as far as essentials to bring, the only thing i recommend is to make sure your bring coffee filters and some electrosol to do dishes.

i know up near MOOMBA beach bar, there are fishing docks and my husband bought some grouper there a few days ago. he was there early morning, gave one of the fishermen our cell number. the guy called us later that day and paul went up and got his 2lbs of grouper filet for $9.

i am not sure what Aruba AL is, could you elaborate?

good non touristy places for dinner
    Amadeus (on the road to Paradera)
    Hot Take Away, next door to Amadeus.
    Lindas (on palm beach road in the strip mall near Bingo)
    Tulip @ MVC eagle beach
    Passions on the beach at Amsterdam Manor
    Madam Janette, full of tourists but lovely!

check out the culinary /culture section of this site

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post

Divi Phoenix
    Good Day,

We are a party of 6 heading to Divi Phoenix in approximately 1 month, and have a few questions.....We've rented a 2 BR unit in the newest tower with another couple and their 16 year daughter, a friend my daughters. My husband and daughter have traveled twice to Aruba and love it. This is the first time we've rented a time share and not stayed at resort on Palm Beach.

How equipped is the kitchen for cooking dinners? What essentials should we plan to bring with us? Sometimes I find it easier to open a bottle of wine and just relax and grill or cook dinner in after spending the entire day on the beach...

Where is the port in Oranjastead to meet fisherman and get fresh fish, and/or purchase produce? How early do we need to be there? Also, is there a fish market that close to Palm Beach?

Can we go to the Aruba AL resort on the island and use their kayaks and snorkel equipment free of charge? Sounds too good to be true...Can we purchase lunch while there?

Is the french market at the Divi Phoenix still open? I've read its closed?

Suggestions for local restaurants....no tourist traps please! We'd also like to make it over to San Nicolas area one day.

Any other info you'd like to share, I'm happy to receive.....

Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Sherry