Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HELP!! Might have to do Divi instead of Costa Linda

HELP!! Might have to do Divi instead of Costa Linda

I hope this is in the right section... So, it is looking like we might not be able to stay at Costa Linda on the dates we will require. That said, there are rooms available at the Divi Dutch and the Divi Golf. I know we discussed Costa Linda vs Divi Golf and I liked Costa Linda because it was ON the beach. Well, that brings me to my dilemma...

I have searched the forum and it looks like the Divi Dutch is on the beach side, meaning I don't have to cross the street, but, if I am correct, it is not truly beachfront. The Tamarijin owns the property IN FRONT of the Dutch and their buildings are what we would see from the Dutch property. Is this correct?

I am basing this off of the links I saw that Arubalisa posted:
    http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.jpg
    http://www.divigolf.com/resortMap_Aruba.html

As I've said before, our main goal is to simply relax and enjoy our time there. One or two days will be dedicated to sightseeing, we'll probably eat most all of our meals out (especially dinner), we'll do a party bus night, but other than that, we will relax in the sun, on the beach or by the pool, most likely with a bottomless alcoholic beverage.

Now, I'm not sure which direction to go. Again, I read the other threads but I'm not gleaning enough information. Would anyone who has read some of my prior posts be able to give any advice or shed some light on the subject? I like the swim-up bar at the Golf but how much will I really use it, I'm wondering. On the flip side, if I have to hike to the beach from either resort (rocks @ Dutch?) then maybe I should go for the nicer amenities. Argh!!

So, yeah, please help?? I'm lost. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TH420X View Post
    On the flip side, if I have to hike to the beach from either resort (rocks @ Dutch?) then maybe I should go for the nicer amenities. Argh!!

So, yeah, please help?? I'm lost. Thank you.
    Divi Dutch will give you much closer proximity to the beach,
    click on thumbnail to enlarge
    but you will not have much of an oceanview. Really a moot point since more than likely would be the same if you were at Divi Village and worse if Divi Links.

Tamarijn & Divi Dutch Village Map
    If you request any building that is #6 or higher, there is little chance you will have a rocky beach. The section which sometimes has rocks is further north along the beach.
    Tamarijn Aruba Beach December 2007 Buildings 1900 - 2500

Tamarijn Aruba Beach June 2008 Buildings 1900 -2500

Tamarijn Aruba Beach March 2009 Buildings 1900 - 2500
    Tamarijn Aruba Beach June 2009 Buildings 1900- 2500

Aruba since 1979
    lisa gave the logistics of divi dutch

if you have the option of DUTCH vs DIVI golf/village.
    the DUTCH is a very short walk between Tamarijn buildings to the beach. that is a GOOD thing.
    you might have some partial ocean view at Dutch.
    the units at Dutch are not as upscale as Divi Golf.
    they have been renovated, beginning in 2004 and they are good.
    but, the units at Divi golf are newer.

again, if you are looking to be closer to the beach.........take DUTCH

Thanks for the additional info! My other option is to go to an all-inclusive in the Dominican Republic but I want to go to Aruba! What I need to do is see if the Phoenix has an opening. THAT looks like the the best of the Divi resorts!

That picture you posted is what I was thinking would be the view from the pool and common areas of the Dutch. It makes me wonder if I'd be better served with the infinity pool at the Golf resort. I dunno, I guess being that much closer to the beach is a big plus. I'm just thinking out loud right now.

Does anyone know if staying at one resort gives you the ability to use any of the other resort's amenities? For example, if I stayed at the Dutch, could I go hang out at the Phoenix's pool all day?

Thanks, Andrea!

Also, more in response to Andrea's post, I'm more of an "old Key West atmosphere" person than I am "high-dollar South Beach chic" person so the older units may suit me better. The buildings in the photo Arubalisa posted look right up my alley (I know they are the Tamarijin buildings but the area looks neat).

I will probably be in the minority here, but I did not like the beach at the Divi Phoenix when we stayed there years ago. By the looks of it in June, I still would not have been happy. There was some sea grass in the water Double ick for me.

The pool is very nice, but like I tell my dd, if you want to go on a pool vacation we'll rent a place down the road for $29.99 a night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!!  Might have to do Divi instead of Costa Linda-beach.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    DUtch could be right up your alley.

the phoenix is nice AND on the beach.
    if you want beach views and a bit more upscale phoenix is it.

i cannot comment much an AI at dominican republic.i do hear it is beautiful.i do hear that it is not as safe and leaving the resort to bum around/explore is really not advised. not particualry wild about having to watch out and be careful of drinking water. that is not an issue here.

divi dutch, laid back, clean, near beach.
    i would stay there in a heartbeat. and you would have the option of an add on all inclusive on a day to day basis if you want.

what does your future bride say?
    Also, more in response to Andrea's post, I'm more of an "old Key West atmosphere" person than I am "high-dollar South Beach chic" person so the older units may suit me better. The buildings in the photo Arubalisa posted look right up my alley (I know they are the Tamarijin buildings but the area looks neat).

Good pool/hotel comment, Arubalisa!

I'll be speaking to the future bride here shortly, Andrea.

It looks like the Dutch will be our choice, based on the info I have. We could stay at the Phoenix but only for 5 days so that is out. The guy setting this up says if we stay at one Divi resort, we can use any Divi resort's amenities. Not sure if that is a sales pitch or what.

How does the AI day pass work?

By the way, thank you so much to all of you. This forum is truly a blessing.

Aruba since 1979
    i am not sure of the price of a day/week of the all inclusive plan. plan on at least $200 per couple for the day.
    very much worth it if you do like to drink those fncy frozen concotions and want the convenience of eating at the resort.

yes, you will have the amenities , but did they say there would be an upcharge?
    there is a climbing wall, bikes to borrow, snorkel gear to borrow, floats to borrow, windsurfing instruction and equipment.

i am guessing that all of that stuff is available for your use but i do not know if there is an additional fee.

thank you for your kind words re: the forum.
    we try to make it informative and respectful and comfortable.good friends are made here every day!

Good pool/hotel comment, Arubalisa!

I'll be speaking to the future bride here shortly, Andrea.

It looks like the Dutch will be our choice, based on the info I have. We could stay at the Phoenix but only for 5 days so that is out. The guy setting this up says if we stay at one Divi resort, we can use any Divi resort's amenities. Not sure if that is a sales pitch or what.

How does the AI day pass work?

By the way, thank you so much to all of you. This forum is truly a blessing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast