pier
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HELP!! Might have to do Divi instead of Costa Linda

Maybe you should consider something on Palm Beach like the Ocean or Surf Club or the Playa Linda. Great beach and you might be able to find a good deal out there depending on the week you need.

Aruba since 1979
    jeff i am not sure but i think the DUTCH or the Costa Linda were gifted to this couple.

i wanted to suggest to them Aruba Beach Club but their gift is limited to divi dutch or golf or costa linda. but costa lind does not have the right days available for their stay apparently.....hence now leaning towards DUTCH
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    Maybe you should consider something on Palm Beach like the Ocean or Surf Club or the Playa Linda. Great beach and you might be able to find a good deal out there depending on the week you need.

Thanks, Jeff, and yes, Andrea is correct. The airfare and accommodations are being given to us from my mom & stepdad as one of our wedding gifts. They are basically giving up their week for RCI so that we may have it.

Thanks to the help that Andrea and Arubalisa have provided, we have decided to stay at the Dutch (that is what the future bride had to say, Andrea ). If the guy doing the booking is correct, we should be able to use any of the other Divi properties' amenities, such as the pool, bars, restaurants, etc. He says there wouldn't be any additional charges but who knows. It's not really that big of a concern.

Plus, it seems like we can do whatever we want on the Tamarijin's property, too, but it will just cost us extra via pay as we go or a day pass. The more we discussed it, the more we think the Costa Linda not having the week we wanted is actually a blessing in disguise. We think there will be more available to us by staying at a Divi property, whether we choose to utilize the stuff or not. "Be like water" is the motto I try to live by. The way I look at it, the only thing we have to budget for is fun and food- everything else is taken care of! Can't beat that!

I do have another question; what is a reasonable hotel to stay for one night? We don't care about amenities for this. Basically, the weeks rent from Saturday to Friday. We are getting married on a Saturday and arriving in Aruba on a Sunday. That would mean that we would have to check out Saturday and leave. Well, we don't want to leave on Saturday, we want to leave on Sunday (or even Monday, who knows?). Just a place to lay our heads for a night is all we would be looking for. Kind of our last hurrah before departing.

Quote Originally Posted by TH420X View Post
    what is a reasonable hotel to stay for one night?
    http://www.mvceaglebeach.com/

You could also see about purchasing extra night(s) right there at the Divi Dutch.

All Inclusive and vouchers are available
    http://www.diviresorts.com/dividutch...met-meals.html Just make sure you read the fine print

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    You didn't say what dates looking for or what type of unit(1 or 2 bedroom).
    Aruba Beach Club and Casa del Mar are 2 timeshares between Costa Linda and the Divi's. Did you see if dates are open there as both of those are right on the beach.

Excellent, I'll check that out! We did look into extra nights but they say they do rentals from Saturday-Saturday (one-week blocks). We tried to do extra nights but it was nixed. My fiancée's parent's condo in New Smyrna Beach is the same way- one week blocks only.

What is considered the slow season in Aruba? I know the summer months are considered slow in Florida (go figure).

LOL- The link you provided to Eagle MVC Beach answers my question! Just like Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by MVC Eagle Beach

Low Season 2011
    April 26th, 2011 - December 19th, 2011

High Season 2012
    December 20th, 2011 - April 9th, 2012

I know I already said it but I want to say it again, I really appreciate the help offered on this site. I don't think calling it a blessing is a strong enough statement. I feel really comfortable with all the decisions we are making without ever experiencing things firsthand, and that wouldn't be poss. So, yeah, THANKS AGAIN!!

And this is new desktop background:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!!  Might have to do Divi instead of Costa Linda-beach_bunkerbar_southd.jpg  

I do! THANKS!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast