Aruba Beach

Thread: Honeymoon Recommendations

Honeymoon Recommendations

My soon-to-be wife and I will be traveling to Aruba for our honeymoon on May 16-22. We are set on Aruba because of the beautiful beaches, but we are still up in the air on where exactly to stay. I was hoping to get some recommendations on good honeymoon resorts, etc. At the top of our list is the Bucuti Resort on Eagle Beach (which I know is not a timeshare unit), but it's a little pricey. Please feel free to recommend any other places with good honeymoon atmosphere. Thanks in advance!! Jason

Welcome to the forum

For a timeshare, I would read through some of the suggestions in the thread at
    Where to stay Interval int. member.

You will receive a wide variety of input.

Many folks here who are owners at the Marriott Ocean Club or Surf Club will recommend these two resorts for a timeshare. It may not be within your budget unless you can find a lock off studio. OR take into consideration, if not a lock out studio, and having a full kitchen you will be able to eat at least breakfast and lunch "in." Imo, cooking on vacation, never mind on a honeymoon, just would not happen, but that is just me. Thus the kitchen would be wasted.

Some would suggest eat your meals in and take the money you would save to spend on activities such as jeep tour and snorkeling excursions. There are less expensive options for timeshares out there. See the timeshare listings at
    Timeshares as well as redweek.com

Also wanted to add that you may be greatly limited by availability by "x" date. If you are marrying on a Saturday and plan on departing for your honeymoon on Sunday for a specific date you will find it much more difficult to find something available at the right price. There are some listings which will allow you to choose your dates, for example Lacabana choose your 2011 - early 2012 dates

Your best option would be to be very very flexible and perhaps postpone a honeymoon until you found a timeshare within your budget. Then the other problem is coordinating the airfare along with the timeshare. A timeshare rental no matter how cheap it is, will not be a bargain if you cannot find an affordable airfare for your dates.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 01-27-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Banned
    I would definitely recommend Bucuti...especially for your Honeymoon! Splurge, it's worth it. We stayed in the Tara Suites, right on the beach. Beautiful.

If its a timeshare resort you are looking for you can exchange for Divi Village, the also offer all-inclusive packages if that is what you want....difference between staying down at divi is that it is quieter and less busy. Easy to get to high rise area between buses, taxis and rental vehicles, so you have many options.....think about what you want....quiet less crowded white sand beaches to enjoy each other on and off the beach or busy, loud, crowded beaches with a lot of activity and activities.
    Either way you made a wonderful decision to go to Aruba and will enjoy it no matter where you stay......oh, and BTW...Congrats !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

So the part of Eagle Beach where Bucuti is located is busy? We were under the impression (after reading reviews on TripAdvisor.com) that the part of the beach that Bucuti was located on is less noisy and busy.

Aruba since 1979
    the bucuti section of eagle beach is very quiet and less busy than the section near costa linda or lacabana and amsterdam manor.

the bucuti resort is pretty quiet and not at all in a busy location.

Thanks so much for the info. Thats what we were hoping ha.