Aruba Beach

Thread: How to decide on All-Inclusive or not

How to decide on All-Inclusive or not

Hi there. My wife and I are trying to plan our first trip to Aruba but we are new to the use of resorts. I'm trying to figure out if it is cheaper, overall, to go with an all-inclusive plan or to just get the regular room rates.
    Weighing on the side of non-inclusive: I don't drink alcohol, my wife might have 2 alcoholic drinks per day. We don't usually eat out at a restaurant every night of our vacations, and are happy to just grab something simple while out and about.
    Weighing on the side of all-inclusive: I've heard food and drink prices are substantially higher. Some people have told me they don't like the food selections that are included in an all-inclusive. My wife's a vegetarian and that might really limit what she can choose from the all-inclusive menu.
    Okay, I'm done. Any thoughts?

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum

With all that you just wrote....an all inclusive does not sound like the way to go for you and your wife
    Enjoy

. [
    QUOTE=pdavila;241772]Hi there. My wife and I are trying to plan our first trip to Aruba but we are new to the use of resorts. I'm trying to figure out if it is cheaper, overall, to go with an all-inclusive plan or to just get the regular room rates.
    Weighing on the side of non-inclusive: I don't drink alcohol, my wife might have 2 alcoholic drinks per day. We don't usually eat out at a restaurant every night of our vacations, and are happy to just grab something simple while out and about.
    Weighing on the side of all-inclusive: I've heard food and drink prices are substantially higher. Some people have told me they don't like the food selections that are included in an all-inclusive. My wife's a vegetarian and that might really limit what she can choose from the all-inclusive menu.
    Okay, I'm done. Any thoughts? [/QUOTE]

I agree with Andrea, for what you are looking for it does not sound as if All Inclusive is the best way for you to go.

A good compromise is the breakfast and lunch package at the Radisson offered by MCM Tours http://www.aruba4u.com which includes a beverage package. Drinks at happy hour are more than covered by the amount of the credit.

I just realized how confusing my post may have been. That's what happens when I try to cut and paste. Sorry about that!

I'll look into the MCM aruba vacation service. Are they competitive for pricing versus websites like Expedia,etc?

Thanks for the advice; it definitely helps me to decide. Resorts are new to us, so we have a lot of "rookie" questions.

Anybody have thoughts on Manchebo Resort??

Aruba looks absolutely gorgeous.

Aruba since 1979

Thumbs up

Manchebo is lovely
    It is on the nicest stretch of eagle beach.

Manchebo rooms are nice and the amenities are terrific...spa, grounds, restaurants.

QUOTE=pdavila;241776]I just realized how confusing my post may have been. That's what happens when I try to cut and paste. Sorry about that!

I'll look into the MCM aruba vacation service. Are they competitive for pricing versus websites like Expedia,etc?

Thanks for the advice; it definitely helps me to decide. Resorts are new to us, so we have a lot of "rookie" questions.

Anybody have thoughts on Manchebo Resort??

Aruba looks absolutely gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

My wife is a vegetarian and has always found something that she would eat at the Divi/Tamarijn. Given the information that you posted, I would say that all inclusive probably doesn't offer much of a benefit for you. Manchebo is on a beautiful stretch of beach.

PDAVILA
    we have tried most accommodations from high rise to low rise, AI and time share. With a family of 5 the plus and minus for each offering varies by degree. We have hit on the best of both worlds by renting time shares.

The rates are very affordable, the living space is much more comfortable than standard hotel rooms, you have access to laundry service, the kitchen area is great for breakfast, lunch and cocktails...saving the spending for dining on the island and best of all you are right on the beach or pool side.

Have fun!
    RP

Great tips and informational links; thanks everybody!