Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are Timeshare Sales executed ?

It is very hard to finance a timeshare, unless you buy it from the resort directly. If you do, you'll pay almost twice as much as buying on the resale market.

Renaissance is the only resort downtown. If you like that area, that is your only choice. You need to figure out where you want to be? Eagle Beach (low rise section - quiet and peaceful) Palm Beach (high rise section - walk to everything) or Divi Phoenix, at the end of Palm Beach but quiet.

As for fixed or floating weeks, they both have their pluses. Again, you need to know if you'll be able to commit to the same week every year.

I have many timeshare units in Aruba. If you have any other questions you can email me directly at macalh@aol.com.

We studied this issue for years before deciding on Casa del Mar last year.
    Our criteria was for a two-bedroom oceanfront with a deed and at a great price. We got all that and so we bought.

Where? Do you want low-rise, high-rise, downtown or away from the beach?

Flex? Sounds great but popular weeks may not be available.. Seems over-selling exists sometimes. Fixed weeks are guaranteed and in case of emergency, you can often switch through the resort.

Finance? . Since most timeshares do NOT appreciate, banks make a sour face when you try to apply. (Look for bargains.)

Rent? Aruba is one of the most requested locations so rental should be fairly easy. You can often let the resort rent the unit and split the profit with them.

Transfer Fees? If you buy from the resort there are usually no fees. Always, when you buy privately. We got the seller to pay the fee, but that is unusual.

Deeds? If you want to pass it down to your kids, a deed is great. 99 years is great. 25 years can be great. Whatever works for you.

Be aware that all resorts have annual fees. All, will eventually have a "special assessment." We are paying $600.00 0ver three years in addition to the regular fees. Also, you will pay room and energy taxes at checkout.

Happy shopping!
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Unhappy Buy a Timeshare? Interval? Someone educate me please.

Ok, so every year I come to Aruba, we rent a unit at the Surf Club from an owner that I find through the numerous websites that offer them. I have paid between $800-1500 for a studio or 1 bedroom unit for a week. My gf asked why we dont just buy a timeshare?? My response was that, what we pay, is about the same as the maintenance fee that an owner pays, but w/out the mortgage. Is this the case? I mean, why would I buy, if I know that there are hundreds of rental opportunities out there for every week of every year. What are the advantages?

Also, some people that I have spoken to and have rented from, seem to have multiple weeks that they get somehow and are able to "bank" these weeks and rent them out or use them. Can anyone enlighten me on how this system works?

I know if I asked the "sales person" at the MSC i could get an answer but who knows how close to the truth it would be. Thanks in advance.

TRNST7

I'd be very interested to hear the answers as well...The Timeshare industry in Europe has a VERY bad rep.....especially in Spain, and is in seriuos decline. What is different about the Aruba deals?

I guess it would depend what you ar looking for. If renting works for you then it would be wise to continue to rent. I know the Marriott surf Club timeshares are running over 20,000 to own for a 2 bedroom. I would not recommend spending that much when you can rent for under $1000/week especially seeing the maintenace fees are aoubt $1200 a year and do increase each year. I know the Ocean Club has had a hefty assessment fee on top of maintance fees for refurbishment. Having said that there are multiple timeshares for sale on the resale market given the economy. We own a 2 bedroom timeshare in Orlando and use that to trade into Aruba. Given that it is a Marriott we usually get what we want every year. We did buy on the resale market for cheap however the maintenance fees have risen by about $100 every year. It has worked for us b/c we have 3 children and need a 2 bedroom. Having to rent 2 rooms in Aruba is costly. ANd the convenience of having a kitchen to make meals has saved us quite a bit of money. Also having a washer and dryer in the unit has been of great benefit. Just to note it costs $89 year to join II and it has increased to $159 to deposit and trade your unit. So add that to your maintenance fees and see it it would benefit you to own.

Looking for right way to buy a timeshare

Have always received great info on this website in the past and thank you.
    I want to buy a week at one of the Marriott timeshares.
    How do I find a resale listing on line?
    Also, I am looking to rent for a week late Feb.2011 or first week in March,can anyone help?

Buy a Timeshare? Interval? Someone educate me please.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/regulars-aruba-43510/

some time share questions

Also, I am looking to rent for a week late Feb.2011 or first week in March,can anyone help?
    Please post this separately at http://www.aruba.com/forum/f23/ with the number of bedrooms and locations and dates.

I have 3 timeshares...the first one I bought from the TS itself...Divi Village...very expensive...then I learned, I went one line and checked out several resale companies...bought the 2nd from holiday resale company, not expensive, but got a decent middle man price out of me...price for it was 1000 dollars...the 3rd one I paid 500 for and no brokerage fee, from GMAC international....much easier to deal with than the 2nd one.
    If you r planning on buying, do it 2nd hand, don't pay full price for them. I think alot of people are not clear about what they are buying and what they will have to continue paying for them and then once they find out they try to sell them only to find they are not worth what the company they bought them from tells them they are worth.....then they resell them for half or less of what they paid for them,,,,,,,,greal deal for you,,,,and me...although if I want to stay married I probably should not buy another one....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

thank you

I agree with everything danadog56 said. We bought our ts from someone who had 4, and looking to unload 2 of them. We bought it for $1500, and we have traded into Aruba every year since then. Good luck bonebal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast