Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: If you know anything about the Renaissance - please reply

Baby Beach, The Beach at Divi Phoenix. The Fontein Caves. Anywhere where my feet are touching sand!

If you know anything about the Renaissance - please reply

We got 5 nights at the Renaissance (my bestie and I)...she has yet to see Aruba, Last time I stayed at Phoenix (Divi) and Stellaris. Is Renaissance just as nice?
    Where is the beach located, is it across a road?
    What are your personal experiences with this resort...
    What is the Renaissance Island?

Thanks my fellow Aruba Addicts!

Aruba since 1979
    i assume you are talking about the renaissance marina hotel and not the ocean suites.

it is hard to make a comparison of any resort and the renaissance.
    the renaissance is downtown overlooking the marina in the heart of it all.
    the rooms are lovely but not large. they are comfortable and nicely appointed.
    across the road is the marina.

the hotel is unique as it has a canal running right into the lower level lobby. that canal is the route to renaissance's private island. the island is about a 10 minute boat ride away. THAT is what is special about the renaissance! the private island has 2 areas for swimming and snorkeling.... (snorkeling not so terrific, but ok) many lounges and palapas, hammocks, restaurant and bar, area, small gift shop and a small water sports shop.

our personal experience staying at the marina are a few. we stayed there a few times pre and post timeshare in aruba and booked using priceline.

and we have stayed using interval international at the renaissance ocean suites, diagonally across the street from renaissance marina tower a few times.

there is no comparing it to the divi.
    the is much to do nearby (restaurants)
    easy transportation, bus, or taxi.

click below link for more tagged threads on this topic
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/renaissance.html
    i cannot imagine you not liking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ellejeanelle View Post
    We got 5 nights at the Renaissance (my bestie and I)...she has yet to see Aruba, Last time I stayed at Phoenix (Divi) and Stellaris. Is Renaissance just as nice?
    Where is the beach located, is it across a road?
    What are your personal experiences with this resort...
    What is the Renaissance Island?

Thanks my fellow Aruba Addicts!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-02-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Answers in cap's

Quote Originally Posted by ellejeanelle View Post
    we got 5 nights at the renaissance (my bestie and i)...she has yet to see aruba, last time i stayed at phoenix (divi) and stellaris.

Is renaissance just as nice? Ah yah !....great private island, no beach chair isssues, location great for downtown...close to shopping, walk to restaurants....see andrea's post....

Where is the beach located, is it across a road? Small lagoon at suites, beach at private island
    what are your personal experiences with this resort...we own 3 weeks there...been 16 times, also been to stellaris...different type of crowd at both. No crowds, check out the site and see the pics or look in the gallery here.

What is the renaissance island? Boat ride away....10 minutes tops. PICTURE OF MY FAMILY IS AT THE SUITES POOL........I GUESS MY CAPS DISAPPEARED...SORRY

Thanks my fellow aruba addicts!

I would make sure you are staying at the Ocean-Suites and Not the Hotel. You will love the Ocean-Suites. Great Pool, Swim up Bar, and the private Island is as good as it gets. Bill

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Stay at the Ocean Suites, VERY nice. We actually have a time share there now. LOVE it

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    my wife and i have stayed a both the marina hotel and the ocean suites..they both are very nice for different reasons..the marina hotel is adults only which is nice if you are going away for a nice relaxing vacation without kids running around..the ocean suites rooms are a little bigger, have a separate bedroom with a king size bed, queen size pull out couch in l/r and a nice balcony..you can use facilities at both hotels when staying at the renaissance..the thing about the renaissance is the private island..it is second to none..imho it is one of the best kept secrets about aruba..people who have never been to renaissance island don't realize how unbelievable it is..whether you pick the marina hotel or the ocean suites you will have a great time at the renaissance..
    scott and tricia

We have stayed at the Marina hotel 5 or 6 times and have always loved it. Restaurants around downtown are great and varied in menu/culture. We didn't make it last year but are going to stay there in December. Happy hour is always good by the adult only pool. Island is as good as everyone has said. Had a funny experience on our 1st or 2nd trip when the fire alarm went off at about 6:00. It looked like most people did not leave their rooms, but I ALWAYS do when the alarm goes off. Turns out it was a burst pipe in the sprinkler system...but we were up and went out to the island on the 1st boat of the morning. We had the whole island to ourselves for over an hour before the next visitors showed up. Felt like we owned the place!
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    since your staying at the renaissance why don't you just stay 4 more days there..the ocean suites has floors 2 and 4 that are hotel floors..this way you get 4 more days at the private island as well..
    scott and tricia

Renaissance Ocean Suites Amenities

We're staying at the Ocean Suites in a few weeks and I'm trying to understand the amenities in the rooms.

I've seen a couple of comments that seem to indicate there may be some difference between the timeshare floors and hotel floors.

Specifically, I want to know about the coffee maker. I'm hoping it's not one of the normal, hotel 1 or 2 cup pots but a real coffee pot.

When I'm travelling for work, the small pot is fine before I head out but when I'm on vacation, I like to brew a pot and sit on the balcony watching the ocean.

Thanks in advance.

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot speak for the HOTEL floors at Renaissance OCean Suites. I have only stayed in the timeshare units.

The timeshare units come equipped with a REGULAR coffee maker, (a mr coffee type) that brews approx 10 cups.

also in the timeshare units are 2 very small refrigerators with small freezers, a 2 burner cooktop, a few pots and pans.

over the years when we have stayed at the ocean suites in timeshare units there were no toasters or blenders in the units that we have been in, but have been available if requested. so we have requested.

the bedroom has a king bed, a chest of drawers, a tv, a closet and a room safe. the room safe is on a shelf in the closet that is too high for me to reach, but there is a step stool provided.

the living room has a pull out queen sleeper sofa, and a tv and a chair.
    a small dining table with 4 chairs.

as far as timeshare units go, it is the bare bones. they are far from luxurious.

but, it is all about the "private island" and that is wonderful.

we try to stay at renaissance ocean suites, because we love the private island.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by aegs07961 View Post
    We're staying at the Ocean Suites in a few weeks and I'm trying to understand the amenities in the rooms.

I've seen a couple of comments that seem to indicate there may be some difference between the timeshare floors and hotel floors.

Specifically, I want to know about the coffee maker. I'm hoping it's not one of the normal, hotel 1 or 2 cup pots but a real coffee pot.

When I'm travelling for work, the small pot is fine before I head out but when I'm on vacation, I like to brew a pot and sit on the balcony watching the ocean.

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast