Aruba Beach

Thread: II trade into Costa linda question????

II trade into Costa linda question????

We have traded our timeshare for the Costa Linda for this August through II. There are 6 of us going with 3 small children. We are getting very excited. It has been brought to my attention that when you trade into the Costa Linda you get a 2 bedroom lock off from the 3 bedroom unit which does not have a full kitchen or living room. Does anyone know if this is true? We traded assuming we were getting a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen and living room as we buy groceries and cook to save some money. If anybody has any insight into this could you ease my mind. I am now getting nervous. I tried calling the Costa Linda and didn't get much help. I will try calling them again tomorrow.

Aruba since 1979
    I have been in Costa Linda numerous times.
    We traded into there 1x and got a 2 bedroom unit.
    Fully equipped kitchens in the 2 bedroom.
    Large living room with pullout sleeper.
    Dining area.
    bedroom with king bed and bathroom en suite.
    twin bedroom with 2nd bathroom nearby.

read your description on the contract that II supplies.
    it will give you the info.

let us know

I would call II and verify and then call CL and state your concern.

I spoke to the reservations supervisor at CL they said that when a 3 bedroom timeshare owner locks off their 2 bedroom portion of their timeshare then that 2 bedroom side does not have a full kitchen or living room area and it only sleeps 4. They told me they were unable to confirm whether or not I had a 2 BR with full kitchen and living area. Also they stated that II often uses these 2 BR as exchanges and states they are fully equipped with kitchen/living area. I called II and they told me they receive an inventory of 2 BR's and have no way of knowing which trade I got and whether or not it is fully equipped with kitchen or living room. On my Confirmation Certificate it states it is a 2BR and under hotel accomodations it does state living room and fully strocked kitchen. I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. The rep at CL stated that they get alot of unhappy guests that arrive not realizing they have a 2BR lockoff without living room and kitchen. My fingers are crossed and hoping for the best.

Sorry-I find that to be soooooooooo unacceptable on II part!!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    on the interval certificate it gives the following info re: the unit.
    i am going to aruba in august
    and here is the information provided at the bottom of my unit confirmation

also too, when you are given your choices at what is available
    2 of the things are K = full kitchen facility or LK= limited kitchen facility (meaning like a small refrigerator, no oven, no cooktop...very limited stuff.

again, i suspect that all will be well at costa linda.

Kitchen Facilities
    Dishes Dining Table & Chairs Fire Extinguisher Full Size Stove w/Oven Glassware Cooking Utensils Pots/Pans Kitchen Sink Cutlery Tea/Coffee Making Facil. Toaster 14-15 cu.ft. Refrigerator
    Auto Rental Beach Convenience Store Gameroom
    Hot Tub or Whirlpool Maid Service Public Phone Scuba/Skindiving Video/DVD Rental
    Bathroom Facilities
    Other Facilities
    Central Air Conditioning Alarm Clock Radio/Alarm Clock Ceiling Fan(s)
    Iron & Board Patio Furniture Patio/Balcony Safe
    Satellite TV TV (Living Area) TV (Master Bedroom) Telephone Voice Mail/MessageWaiting
    Sleeping Accommodations
    Bedroom 1 1 Pull Out Sofa(s)(Queen) 2 Queen Size Bed
    Living Area Bathtub/Shower